Monday 27 February 2012

Chapter 1 - Gen 5 - Amber

I got up in a really baaaaaaad mood this morning, the world had better watch out because I am really not in the mood for anything today.  Teenage mood swings which my Step-Mother, Apricot calls "teenage tantrums" and it is a pretty normal thing in this house with six of us being teenagers, everyday one of us gets it, today its my turn.


I am not normally "naughty" but today I am making an exception, I am skipping school for the first time ever, firstly because I am having a "teenage tantrum" and secondly because my Dad has given me something to think about.  My Dad - well I never expected to ever be saying that - My Dad - but how quickly life can change.

Just over a year ago we were living in Jugville, My Mom, me and my two brothers.  We didn't have a Dad, didn't even know his name all my Mom would ever tell us was that she had an affair with him she moved towns and found out she was pregnant with triplets and never told him, he had no idea that we existed and it was best it stopped that way.  We didn't like it me and my brothers but we had to live with it because she wouldn't tell us anything about him.  My Mom suddenly became ill, that's when our lives changed and she moved us to Roach Valley where she said our Dad would be, he would have to look after us because she was dying and if our Dad didn't take us in then we would end up in foster care and that's the last thing that Mom wanted.

When we arrived at the new town Mom took us to this really big house where she said my Dad lived.  Only he didn't live there any more, he had moved to another town with his wife and children so the old woman told her.  The old woman turned out to be our Grandmother and she knew my Mom, one look at us three kids and she knew without being told.

"Cherry, those are my Grandchildren aren't they!!"
"Yes Lacey, I need Cain to look after them."
"You best had come in."

That is how we found out our Dad's name - Cain, Cain Ugli, but still he was not here, he still didn't know about us and he wouldn't for quite a while longer yet.  We stayed with our Grandparents and watched our sick mother wither away and die, over the months, 8 months to be precise, we learnt quite a lot about our Dad from our Uncle Reece and other Uncles and Aunts that we saw pretty regularly.    When our Grandmother died of old age  Reece said it was time for us to move again, to another new town, it was time for us to meet our Dad - Finally he was going to find out about us and we were getting a Dad. 

Now suddenly after only a short space of time we have a Dad, a nice Step-Mother, another two sisters and brother and are living like one big happy family, something I dreamed about but thought would never happen, life is good, even though part of my dream would never be real, my Mom was dead and she would never be a part of it.

It is 4am in the morning and I am up early and outside eating breakfast, wondering if I got up in a bad mood because I had a restless nights sleep because of the pressure my Dad has lumped on my shoulders or whether I am just having a "teenage tantrum", or both.  Whichever it was I didn't much like it and that is why I am taking time out to think, especially because my Dad had chosen me to be the 5th Generation heir of the Ugli family Wishacy, I have never heard anything so silly but he was deadly serious about it all and what I had to do to carry on the family legacy.


 A little time out in the library is just what I need, its quiet and hopefully I won't get caught skipping school in here and I will be able to do some thinking - so I thought!!!!  When I spotted Brice who was also in the library and skipping school I grabbed a book and pretended to start reading it, hoping he would get the hint that I was busy and that he would leave me alone.  Fat chance of that he came over and just stood there staring at me.

"Hiya beautiful."
"Go away Brice I am busy!!"
"Seeing as we are both skipping school we may as well hang out together."
"I don't feel like hanging out."
"What if I said Brady was here too, I bet you would want to hang out then"
"He wouldn't be here, Brady wouldn't skip school."
"I wouldn't have put you down as a school skipper either but here you are, it's fate you know."


"I have a lot on my mind, problems I need peace and quiet for"
"Well maybe I can help take your mind off whatever it is for a while."  he said it in a horrible sickly voice that must have been his poor attempted at trying to be sexy and suggestive..
"Quit bugging me Brice, how many times do I have to tell you I don't even like you and you are the last person I would want to help take my mind off anything!!"
"So come on what does the geak have that I don't"
"He is not a sleaze bag for a start and stop calling him a geak!!"


He lurched forward I could see his hands coming towards me, not really sure what he was trying to do to me this time, hug me, kiss me, grab me, whatever he was doing I was getting quicker to react to his letching, this time he just managed to brush my arm I was already knocking his hand away.

"Get your slimey hands off me Brice, you make my skin crawl!!!!"
"Your loss sugar, you don't know what you are missing, but don't bank on my brother showing you a good time because he doesn't have a clue."
"And you do I suppose - you are disgusting do you know that!!"


"Wow, calm down, no need to over react sugar!!"
"Don't you ever try to touch me again, do you hear me!!"
"Ok I get it we can take it slowly if you want, I guess my brother hasn't even got past first base with you yet, has he!!"
"Brice, GET LOST NOW, before I start screaming VERY LOUDLY!!"
"Fine sugar, I can wait, but like I said its your loss, and you waste yourself on that loser brother of mine!!"


Thankfully Brice went into the upstairs part of the library and left me alone after that.  Where does he get the nerve, its not like he is even a good looking boy, because he is far from it, he knows I don't like him because this isn't the first time he has tried it on with me.  He repulses me so much he makes me want to throw up!!!! Why is he so nasty to his own brother too, Brady and Brice even though they are twins they are two totally different people.  Brady was my best friend and Brice I just hated him.

I wasn't in the mood to go home when school was out so I decided to hang out with Brady for a while  I knew Brice wouldn't be there because I saw him trying it on with some other poor girl as I left the library only she was falling for his bull shit.   Brady had an after school job and it wasn't every night that I could get to hang out with him, but tonight he didn't have to work.

"Amber you weren't at school today, I thought you was ill or something."
"I'm fine I actually skipped school and hung out in the library instead."
"AMBER you didn't!??"
"Yeah, I know, I shouldn't have, please don't shout at me -  I needed time out, I had some serious thinking to do."
"Is everything all right, that's not like you."
"I'm fine really!!"


"There is something though - your Brice."
"What about him, please not again?"
"Yes, he tried it on with me again today, he was also in the library skipping school."
"I am going to kill him and you know what, when I start work and get my uniform his is going to be the first but I get locked up!!"
"Please don't go fighting with him again, I only told you just in case he says something and twists it like he does."
"I don't want to fight him because he always beats me up, but I will if I have to, this is getting too much Amber."
"I know Brady this is starting to upset me but please don't start a fight with him, not for me, I don't want you getting hurt again!!"


We did our homework together, even though I had skipped school today I still had the homework that I should have done the day before to finish.  Brady was really not impressed with me, he was very conscientious when it came to his education and homework, he was always studying even things he didn't need to, I suppose in a way he was quite geak like - he respected rules and authority, and really I suppose it does not surprise me that he wants to go into law enforcement after he has graduated.  Brady already knows what he wants to do with his life, I still didn't have the slightest clue!!  My Dad reckoned that Bradley was a good friend to have because he would always keep me from getting into trouble.  He hoped anyway!!


After our homework was done we started chatting about this and that and totally lost track of the time.  It was five to eleven when I noticed, curfew starts in five minutes and I am not getting home in time.

"Oh Berry -  Brady look at the time - I am going to get into trouble."
"You can stay over if you want."
"No I best had go home, another night maybe, I don't want to sleep in the same house as that creep!!"
"Ok well I'll see you tomorrow - no skipping school madam!!"
"Ok boss, I'll be there bright and early!!"
"Make sure you do!!"


I ran all the way home as quickly as I could, luckily avoiding being picked up by the police, but I was late and my Step Mother was ready and waiting for me.

"Missy you are in big trouble!!"
"I was a few minutes late I am sorry I was ...."
"I know where you were, Brady phoned to say you was on your way and it was his fault you lost track of time."
"He did?!"
"Yes I am not bothered about you being a few minutes late as I know you were with Brady, that isn't why you are in trouble, you didn't go to school today did you!!"
"How did you know?"
"Never you mind - so where were you?"


"I was at the library all day - I'm sorry I needed to do some thinking."
"In future do your thinking out of school hours!!"
"I am not grounded am I."
"Not this time, but do it again and you will be, your Dad doesn't know about you skipping school, and its only because he is in such a good mood I didn't tell him, but do it again Amber and I will, do you hear me?!"
"Yes, I'm sorry!!"


"I really don't need this stress right now, we have enough with Kelly and Genie keep getting into trouble you are the last one we expected this sort of behaviour from!!"
"I said I was sorry!!"
"Ok, well I'll tell you because I am sure your Dad will be bounding in here any minute, he has already told everyone even the pap's and more than once, that I am definitely pregnant, so no more stress please."
"Really, your pregnant and not sick!!!"
"Yes, I told you there was nothing to worry about and you will be getting a new brother or sister soon, hopefully it won't be another three this time!!!"


She let me feel her tummy, I had never felt a pregnant tummy before it felt quite strange.  Then Dad came bounding in the biggest smile on his face.

"So she's told you about the baby then."
"Yes Dad."
"Great isn't it, now budge over I want a feel."


"You know Cain it hasn't changed any since you felt it 10 minutes ago."
"Yeah I know but I like feeling it moving about."
"Your like a big child do you know that!!"
"Yeah Dad, anyone would think you had never had a baby before."
Apricot and Dad looked at each other and burst out laughing.
"What's so funny?"
"Nothing Amber,"
"Just tell her Cain, I don't mind if you don't."


Dad said nothing he just looked at Apricot.  So she told me what they were laughing at.

"What you said Amber, about him never having a baby before, it is actually true, he has had toddlers and teenagers but not babies, you see I did exactly what your Mom did, I moved town to hide the fact that I was pregnant.  My family told your Dad where I was hiding and he turned up here when Kelly, Laney and Genie were toddlers, so he never saw any of you six as babies."
"Apricot, you didn't have to tell them you know."
"I am shocked that they don't already know and that none of your family didn't tell them when they were at your Mom's, besides they are all going to wander why you are leaping around here like a hyperactive child, they may as well know the truth!!"

I left them to it, I think that they had forgotten I was still there anyway.


Now it all started to make sense - a few days ago we had been out in the garden messing about when Apricot got really sick, she threw up all over the grass.  Seeing my Mom do this many a time I started to panic that Apricot might be ill too like Mom had been.  Then when she said to Dad, "Cain that's four times today".


Dad started to leap around happily, like he had just won the lottery or something.  I was getting upset and he was over the moon, leaping around like a loopy child it was ridiculous.  Apricot noticed me getting upset and told me she was not ill and not to worry, she either had a touch of food poisoning or they might have had an accident, she might be pregnant but they had not planned it.  Still I had never seen anyone get so hyper over a possible pregnancy before but my Dad was really OTT.  Now I know why!!!!


A few days later I had the shock of my life while we were all hanging around chatting and waiting for the school bell to ring so that we could go into class, suddenly Alex, Kelly and Adam set about Brice.  Little did I know that Brady had told Kelly about Brice keep harassing me sexually and that he had tried to stop him before but Brice kept on doing it regardless of us both telling him to stop it.  I suppose I should have known that Brady wasn't going to just leave it and hope Brice would stop harassing me - he did what he thought was best and told my brother.  Of course my three brothers had had their heads together and now they were about to cause trouble.


So I am chatting away oblivious of what is coming when suddenly Adam started on Brice.

"Try to maul my sister again and I'll be mauling your face, with my fist do you get me!!"
"Get lost Adam, you don't scare me!!"
"He isn't just talking about his fist, cause it will be mine too." Alex added
Then Kelly joined in "Mine too - don't forget she has three brothers, pervert!!"
"Yeah well she was well up for it!!"
"I could punch your head in right now you lying little berryhole!!"  Adam started to get angry


"I am warning you Brice - she doesn't want you messing with her so keep you mucky paws off her and keep your filthy lies to yourself too, even your own brother knows your a dirty letch!!"
"I might have guessed he would be the one telling tales!!"
"You can leave Brady alone too, we know how much you like beating up on him, touch him or Amber or any of our sisters and you will have the three of us rearranging your face!!"
"That's not fair - three onto one."  Aubrey Ripple suddenly piped up
"Shut up Aubrey or shall we air your dirty laundry in public too."
"Alex - You wouldn't dare!!
"Try me cause I am watching you, you hurt Laney and I'll break your legs!!  I know you are messing about with my sister behind your girlfriends back you tosser!!!"
"Alex You Twat!!"
Alex didn't realise that Charmaine, Aubrey's girlfriend, was stood right behind him and had just heard every word he had said.

Two fights my brothers started that day.  The first with Brice over me which actually turned into violence at dinnertime all three of my brothers in trouble and publically disgraced for fighting.  The second fight between Charmaine, Laney and Aubrey.   How Alex had known that Laney and Aubrey were messing around behind Charmaines back was beyond me because I didn't know and I share the same bedroom as Laney.


After that day Charmain started snubbing Laney, Aubrey and Charmaine broke up and now Aubrey is regularly at our house as he is now Laney's boyfriend.  Alex is keeping a very close eye on him!!!!


Isn't love grand!!!


Apricot's tummy was getting huge, we had bets on how many babies she had in that mountain of a hump.  I had never seen anyone that big before - it was pretty scary.


Apricot said it was Dads fault the lump was so huge it wasn't all baby it was all swollen from all the feeling he was doing he seriously would not leave it alone.


He kept trying to listen to see if he could hear anything.


The silliest thing he did was talk to it - like the baby could hear him and playing peek a boo with it - Dad really doesn't know how silly he looks doing that!!!!


When Apricot went into labour we all could not help but laugh at Dad - he seriously lost it there for a while,  he was screaming louder than Apricot in a mad panic he didn't know what to do even though he had read the pregnancy books from cover to cover more than once.


Apricot ended up shouting at him and eventually he calmed down just enough to take her to the hospital while we all waited patiently at home for the next set of triplets that they might be coming home with.


Luckily it was just the one now that really did surprise us all.  One little girl they called Dixie.


No one was allowed to go near her for the first day of her life - Dad had her, I don't think he even got any sleep but he really didn't care.


You just know this little girl is going to be spoilt by everyone don't you!!!

-----------------
-----------------

3 comments:

  1. Berryhole.......lol

    I just love the name Dixie! But her blanket looks like a boy blanket. That confused me for a moment. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I know - she is definately a girl - I finally figured out how to change the colour of the blanket via the mod and while i was playing I saved a few different coloured ones. That is like an off lilac colour that I plan to remove - I noticed the pictures of the baby looked off when i was writing the chapter. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, I had changed some of the blanket colors when I did my sim xmas story.

    ReplyDelete