Monday 23 April 2012

Chapter 12 - Gen 5 - Amber

After dumping Piper in his crib, I swiftly took my leave and went outside to do some painting.  Straight away Bradey snatched him up and started to make a fuss of him, since leaving the hospital we hadn't exchanged a word, I think there is a tiny crack in our relationship that is getting slowly wider.


 While we had been at the hospital waiting for Pipers arrival, Melody had her birthday and is now a child, she gained the Computer Whiz trait.  I never even noticed her as I rushed out of the room to get to my easel and away from the children.


This was about the time when Bradey started sleeping elsewhere, anywhere but with me.


Brady's Mother turned up on the doorstep, I was  a little nervous when I saw her here, thinking that she was here to see Dad, but she said she was here to see me and her grandchildren.

"Amber I haven't been able to stop thinking about what me and your Dad were talking about!!"
"I'm not sure it's any of my business and I don't think Bradey will be too happy to see you here so soon after .... you know!!"
"We were talking about you dear and your problem with the babies, how you are avoiding having anything to do with them, I thought maybe we could have a chat."
"I really don't want to talk about it!!"
"I think you need to Amber."
"Well I don't!!"


Melody came out and disturbed our conversation, thankfully, and while she was excitedly telling her Grandmother about her first day at school, I sneaked away while Melody was occupying her, I escaped.


Bradey was not impressed when he walked into the kitchen to find his Mother and Cain eating, if it wasn't for Melody being there I am sure he would have gone off on one.

"Why are you here Mom?"
"I came round to talk to Amber, but she refused to talk to me, and do I need your permission to visit my grandchildren Bradey?"


"Is that really why you are round here Mother?"
"Look Bradey, relax, me and your Mother feel the same way, it won't be happening again, sit down and eat your food."
"Cain, I don't feel comfortable with this!!"
"Whatever, but you are only getting yourself worked up over nothing!!"


"Mom, I don't want you coming here again unless I am here!!"
"You need to learn to relax Bradey, you always have been highly strung!!"
"Its not funny, Mom, I found you in the park kissing Cain remember, I don't want to come home and find any nasty surprises!!"
"You won't but if it will stop you from stressing,  next time I visit I will make an appointment with you - happy now!!"


Dad and Bradey were really busy now juggling the four children between them, even Melody who really didn't bother to come near me like I didn't really bother to go near her.  I could see how tired Bradey was getting, he was having no time after work to relax, it is none stop teaching the toddlers their skills and attending to the baby, he didn't stop untill all four children were asleep, then he was just collapsing in a heap and sleeping.  We had hardly said a word to each other lately.


Dad too was also getting tired, he had no life outside of this house and the children and I am sure that must be getting him down.  The atmosphere between him and Bradey was a little better but not that much, plus he is also struggling through a midlife crisis.


The day didn't start well, and I guessed sooner rather than later the tension was going to catch up with everyone and someone or something was going to snap.  Melody decided she would try skipping school at 10.30am Dad found her wandering around the house, I had been out in the garden painting so didn't even realise she was still here.  Dad yelled at Melody, and instead of going to school she just went off to bed.


As soon as Bradey found out about Melody skipping school, that set him off and she got it off him too.  He was always very particular about skipping school when we were kids, and I doubt very much that Melody will be attempting that again in a hurry!!!


Dad was getting something to eat, Bradey was busy reading the riot act to Melody and those damn babies were screaming the house down and it was really getting on my nerves.  I went into the babies  room and it stunk to high heaven.


"Shut up why don't you - You stinky little thing!!!"
"AMBER!!"
I hadn't realised that Dixie was behind me
"What?"
"You can't talk to him like that, he is just a baby!!"
"You shut him up then!!"


"Move away from the baby both of you!!"
 Bradey sounded pretty mad!!
"Dixie don't you do a thing - its about time Amber did something!!"


"Amber change Lyrics nappy!!"
"No, you can do it!!"
"DO IT AMBER!!"


"I am not touching that smelling thing."
That was it - Bradey snapped and that's when the yelling started.


"What is all the racket about?" Dad came into the room.
"ITS HIM" "ITS HER" me and Bradey answered at the same time like a pair of children blaming each other.


"Why are these two kids still screaming while you two are busy arguing??"
"Because I told Dixie to leave it, I have downed tools, it's time Amber did something towards looking after her kids!!"


"I can't do this for much longer Cain, its killing me!!"
I had my back to Bradey but could tell by the tone in Bradey's voice that he was getting upset


"You know Amber, Bradey does have a point, he is exhausted, would it kill you to help him out a little?"
"I've told him, I am not touching the smelly little thing."


"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU??!!"


"Wooow!! Dad!!"
"I don't get it - Amber why are you being like this? That smelly little thing as you put it is YOUR SON doesn't that mean anything to you??!!"


Dad went mad, yelling all sorts at me but it generally came down to me not caring about my kids when he had that option taken away from him, I guess it would upset him more because of what Mom and Apricot did to him.  I just walked away and left him fuming.


Piper had his birthday in among all the commotion,  all of us yelling at each other and not noticing till it all quietened down that he had aged up.


 He has turned out to be a little mini Bradey.


He has become quite the little adventurer, he takes himself off exploring everywhere, Bradey  keeps losing him and has to go hunting for him, Piper seems to like it out in the garden more than inside.


 I got a call from Lilac, we had not really spoken to each other since the day that Alex left home on bad terms, because of his relationship with Lilac, so I was pretty surprised to see she was phoning me.

"Amber, did you know what Alex was up to??"
"No Lilac I haven't spoken to him since he left, he doesn't answer my calls."
"So you don't know what your brother has gone and done??"
"No what?"
"He has only gone and got Ashley pregnant again, sleeping with her behind my back, pretending he was seeing her because of Everett, but all along they have been carrying on!!"
"Your joking!!"
"No, she has just had another boy, you can't mistake that he is Alex's otherwise we might never have known, as Ashley does have a husband, we just presumed it was his, but the kids hair gave them away."


"Where is Alex?"
"I kicked him out - I think he has gone to Adams."

-----------------
-----------------
I caved in - I have put the Story Progression mod back into my game - which has already created a little side entertainment :)

3 comments:

  1. how can Amber say that to a little baby? that's mean >.> glad that Bradley finally snapped! and Cain too. That woman needs a good yell at i say!...Aww Mini Bradley :D super cute ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cain looks like he's enjoying that yelling at Amber alot. And of course your sims would take advantage with story progression and cause drama in the town. :D I really like using that mod too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think he did - he is having a midlife crisis and I am not really sure why he kicked off but it was good for me (lol)I noticed a lack of movement while i didnt have the mod in and I missed not knowing what was going on in town.

      Delete