Wednesday 4 April 2012

Chapter 5 - Gen 5 - Amber

Three birthday cakes set out in the garden waiting for the birthdays to begin, Alex, Adam and me are all becoming young adults today and I am really excited to be finally seeing the end of school and becoming an adult.


I went first, even though I was the last to arrive out of the three of us, the boys always let me go first, it had become a habit between us over the years.  My Life Time Wish is The Visionary which entails me mastering Painting and Photography.


Then Alex, it was no surprise to any of us that his Life Time Wish would to become a One Sim band but also that he was aiming to be a Rock Star one day, we always guessed he would end up with a career in music, music has always been a big part of his life.


Lastly Adam, who surprised us all by deciding he wanted a career in Education and his Life Time Wish is to be surrounded by family which also surprised me, he being the the one who was least interested in Dixie when she was a baby and toddler.


Brady was working today and tomorrow is his birthday so we didn't have plans to see each other until Monday after I graduated.  In the meantime I decided to explore my musical side, I had the trait but music is something that has never really interested me too much.  I had to decide on what job I would be doing, but unlike my two brothers, I didn't know what I wanted to do with my life, but I think I can safely say that a musical career won't be playing a part in my future.


Alex and Adam both got the jobs they wanted then got busy with their love lives.  Alex and Ashley were still connected romantically even though none of us really liked it very much.  The picture of Kelly and Ashley together at prom had not put him off, needless to say he saw her away from the house and never bought her home.


Adam was now going steady with Michela, they had started seeing each other at prom.  Michela is still at high school and would be for quite a while yet, so Adam now spent most of his time talking to her on the phone, while he waited for her to grow up so that they could have a proper relationship.


Dixie has changed quite a lot since her birthday, now that she is a child she is not so much of a brat, but she is still a little madam.  She does not cling to Dad so much and is quite good at keeping herself occupied, her two favourite things being playing with her IF doll and the dress up chest, she is always dressing up and acting out some fantasy drama or another  - I wouldn't been surprised if she doesn't become some sort of Diva when she grows up.


I was surprised when I arrived at the Town Hall for graduation Brady was stood outside waiting for me.  He had been to the police station and got the job that he wanted there, and thought he would hang around as he knew I was graduating.


we all graduated with honours, I was deemed the most likely to become a sports star - not me, they had definitely got that wrong, I wasn't that interested in sports.


Brady was outside on the benches reading, he had slipped away after the ceremony thinking he was encroaching on family time, he is so sweet sometimes.  I might have known the book he was reading was work related, he was already brushing up on his logic which he needed to improve for his job.


"Brady will you move in with me."
"What would your Dad say?"
"I've spoken to him, he is fine with it, he likes you."
"He doesn't think we should be married first?"
"NO!!!  You make me laugh sometimes you are so ... old fashioned!!"


Brady was so old fashioned in his thinking, he wanted to do everything correctly, he was pretty shocked when I told him the story of how Alex, Adam and I arrived in this world, I am sure his respect for my Dad has dropped down a notch or two.  I really don't get how Brady and Brice being brothers, and twins at that,  could be so extremely different in their thinking and ways.


He agreed to move in with me, eventually, and there was no point waiting so he moved in straight away.


I didn't plan on wasting any time as far as bedroom activities were concerned, but I might have known that Brady wouldn't be so eager.  I suggested we had an early night to celebrate him moving in - the look on his face was shock and surprise - he said he would join me in a minute.


I knew he would be downstairs twiddling his brain over whether we should be waiting or not and it really wouldn't surprise me if he though him moving in here meant we would be sleeping in single beds till we were married. It took him so long to pluck up the courage to come up to me that I had already fallen asleep by the time he got here.


I am actually surprised that he didn't go and sleep in a single bed in another room.  So our first night together we just spent sleeping, much to my disappointment.


The next day we had another graduation to attend, Brady's.  Laney was there with Aubrey who was also graduating today, she had moved out yesterday and was now living with our Uncle Reece.   Dad was not very impressed when he found out what Laney had done - she and Aubrey had got married late yesterday and never told anyone.  Not even Reece knew what they were up to.


After his graduation I tackled him about not wanting to wahoo with me last night, he nearly choked on his food when I asked him and he seemed really uncomfortable talking about the subject.  As I thought he thinks we should be waiting until we got married, but I noticed he was in no hurry to ask me to marry him - maybe this was all going a little too quickly for him.


We had to change the subject when Dixie sat down to eat.


But i wasn't going to let it drop and I certainly had no intention of waiting until we got married!!


We went to the bedroom so that we could talk in private, well he did, I had other ideas.


He was nervous, bless him, because he had never done it before and was worried he wouldn't get it right, not thinking that I was in exactly the same position as he was it was my first time too.  It took me a while to convince him that we didn't have to wait until we got married, nobody else did these days, so why should we be any different.



We got there eventually and he need not have worried because it was fine.


Dixie was having problems, she really was not coping too well with all the ghosts wandering around the house.  Being a toddler when Genie and Kelly died their ghosts were just like the other past generation ghosts wandering around, they didn't really mean anything to her other than they scared her half to death.


Genie's ghost making things worse because she had started to jump out at Dixie and scaring her on purpose.


Although Kelly's ghost was just going about minding his own business, Genie had scared Dixie so much she was wary of all the ghosts.


She definately didn't appreciate Kelly's ghost sleeping in her room and ran out screaming to find Dad.


Dad and Genie had ended her days on this earth on bad terms because she was constantly getting into trouble, and I doubt that Dad would ever forgive her for starting the fire that killed the three of them.  So it was more of a shouting match that he had with Genies ghost, rather than a conversation.


She said she would not scare Dixie again - but your talking about Genie here - I doubt very much she will do as she promised!!

------------------
------------------



---------------------------

Just a note about a few changes.  I have had quite a lot of technical difficulties lately and now that my file is fixed and moving again - you may notice a few things that have changed.  I have taken out all cc except for hair and i have added a new default skin that makes the sims look a little different.  The main change you may notice is that the graves and ghosts are back :/  While I had the error 15 on the file I collected up all the graves as the plan was to make a new town and uplift all the sims.  However when I removed the mods from my game the error 15 dissappeared (maybe the error and mods were connected or it may have been a coincidence I dont know)  Anyways, I was going to uplift the house and sims together so the graves were placed in the backgarden of the house.  Trying to move them back to the graveyard I lost one - Cherry's grave :( - when I placed it it just vanished - so I left the rest of the grave in the back garden not wanting to lose anymore!!  Hense the gaps in the line of graves - one space for Cain and one where Cherry's grave should be. I have plans for a spare of the last generation and i want the 8 generation of graves for it.

---------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Aww ^^ that's a nice birthday story :D and erm yes, everyone will learn that certain skill one day, but all the kiddies have aged up lovely =D

    ReplyDelete