Friday 13 April 2012

Chapter 8 - Gen 5 - Amber

When I told Bradey he was going to be a Dad at first his face was a picture of excitement and shock.  Then, when I think his principals kicked in, his expression suddenly changed and he became very serious.


"We can't have a baby now, we aren't even married yet!!"
"Well its coming whether you like it or not."
"But I wanted to do things properly, this shouldn't be happening!!"


"Maybe we can get married quickly and straight away if that will make you feel better"
"No I don't want to, I wanted to do it properly, the wedding party, the guests the cake ..."
"MAKE YOUR MIND UP!! You want to be married before the baby comes, now you don't!!!"
I got a little snappy and shouted at him.
"It's OK, calm down, I'm sorry!!"
"You are happy about this baby aren't you?"
"Yes of course I am, its just the timing I am not happy about."


I think Dad must have thought we were arguing as I did get a little cross with Bradey.  He wandered into the room looking a little worried.


Watching Bradey feeling my tummy, he soon realised I was pregnant.


It is not hard to tell that Dad is happy about the incoming baby.


In Bradey fashion the first thing he did was run off to the book store to buy any pregnancy books that he could find and started to study them.  Every time I saw him he was reading one of those pregnancy books and I swear he read them all more than once.


I know he was still beating himself up over his principals, but he didn't seem to be doing anything about putting things right for himself, I was expecting him to propose to me, but he didn't.


So I did it, kind of taking him by surprise, I got down on one knee and asked him to marry me.


I half expected him to say something about how it should be him proposing and not me but he didn't say anything, he just nodded, to surprised to speak.


We have agreed that he can have his "proper" wedding after the baby is born, which isn't too far away now.


Dixie is causing a little commotion in the house at the moment, she has turned out to be a lot like Genie used to be, she is always trying to skip school or stays out after curfew.  I don't think Dad is helping with this though because he shouts at her and grounds her, she runs off and does a few chores and he lets her off the hook, she is playing him for a fool and he doesn't even know it!!!


Dixie loves doing chores, she  has the neat trait.  Dad is yet to realise this but then again, he probably does know, he just has always spoilt Dixie.


With the baby being nearly due, I passed the time away doing as much painting as I could.  I needed the practice, my paintings are far from the standard that I want, and at the moment were not really earning me very much.


I was not really prepared for what was to come, not having read any of those pregnancy books like Bradey had.  I doubled up in pain when labour started not looking forward to what was coming!!


Dixie didn't help screaming in panic, which had Bradey come running


Who just cracked up, he didn't panic, just cried like a baby.

"I am the one in pain here - what the hell are you crying for!!!????"


We never left the house, the baby arrived before he even got himself together to even think about taking me to the hospital.  We had a little girl who we called Melody.


Brady just couldn't leave her alone, he fell in love with her immediately, me, I was struggling to feel anything and left him to it.


When Dad clapped eyes on her - it was game over - from there on in Brady and Dad spent most of their time fighting over her, me I never got a look in, but it didn't actually bother me.


Dad just took over during the daytime and while Bradey was at work.  I never had to go near the baby she had two constant companions Dad during the daytime and Bradey at night.


Dad even took her for a stroll to meet her other grandparents, Bradeys parents who Dad is becoming pretty good friends with, especially butterscotch, Bradey's Mom.  Somehow I don't think he has ever gotten over not seeing his first six children as babies and is trying to make up for it with his grandchildren.


Trying to avoid the crying baby was pretty easy, the minute she cried Dad or Bradey were there to attend to her every need, they actually left me with nothing to do for her which suited me just fine.  Struggling to understand why I was even feeling this way, I hid away behind my easel and spent as much time as I could painting, and while I was there she didn't exist.


That was until they started to bring her outside where I couldn't help but here her crying.  I was beginning to think that maybe they were doing it on purpose,  had they noticed yet that I had had absolutely nothing to do with Melody since she was born?!  If they had neither of them said anything.


As planned we got married soon after Melody was born.  Not wanting to wait till the weekend we got married on a weekday after Bradey returned from work so the only thing that spoilt the wedding, which just our family attended, was the dark.


He got his party which was gate crashed by the paparazzi, and there was one noticeable absence, Alex, which really disappointed and upset me, he was invited but he never showed up.  Even Brice turned up and behaved himself for once.


He also got his cake, but got a little distracted away from it when Melody started to scream the place down so I  ended up cutting it alone.  She was sleeping soundly in her swing in the garden during the ceremony.


Melody had her birthday and became a toddler, she has Bradey's eye and skin colour and Dad's hair which really pleased him.


She now had Dad and Bradey totally wrapped round her little fingers.  I had to admit she is pretty cute, but I still have not had anything to do with my daughter and just watch from a distance - feeling nothing and wandering why I really can't bring myself to have anything to do with her.  I somehow felt like I was never meant to be a mother.


As sweet as she looks - I noticed she is also becoming a little brat, not helped by Bradey and Dad who give her whatever she wants.  If she doesn't like something they get "the look" which continued until she gets what she wanted.


Her tantrums are pretty classic.


If she doesn't like the food that she has been given, it goes flying on the floor.


Followed with the screaming abdabs.


 Instead of being scolded for what she is doing, she is fussed and given what she wants, then she goes back to being that angelic angel again.  Dad and Bradey are shaping her into a right little madam and I am just sitting back and letting it happen.


I was not feeling too good, and the first time I threw up out in the garden, I did not really thinking anything of it.


A few hours later I was throwing up again and started to wander.


Another few hours and all through the night, I knew


I am pregnant again.


Pregnant - I really didn't want or need this!!!


-------------------
------------------

Amber is being predictable BORING at the moment :(
I am really not sure what is going on with Amber, she put the baby in the cot after it arrived and then never went near it again and is not showing the slightest interest in Melody.  Even if she is the same room as the child and it crys she totally ignores it, it is always Caine or Bradey who reacts to the crying.  She seriously has not rolled one single wish regarding Melody either which is pretty puzzling!!!

3 comments:

  1. Melody is pretty cute looking. Aisha was that way with Cherry and Cranberry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PURPLE BABY!!!! :D Aw Melody is so cute!! :D
    it's sad that she hasn't really done anything with the baby
    i can't help but feel annoyed at Amber =d

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright a purple baby finally! What an expression on her face too when she's pounting! She's really cute. Not much ugli to her. Amber must have post partum for sims.

    ReplyDelete