Tuesday 22 October 2013

Chapter 1 - Gen 7 - Cello

I'm really struggling to get my head around the things that Dad told me the night he also decided that I would become the 7th generation Ugli heir.  I'm not really sure why I've never questioned my parents relationships and our abnormal family unit, none of us have, we just presumed a few too many wrong thing, helped along with Mom and her lies.

We always thought that our parents had been together as a couple once,  helped by the fact that Mom is so obviously 'still' in love with Dad, feelings that clearly are not mutual from Dad's side.  In our minds they were like any normal couple, and we were conceived in the 'normal' way - but it turns out they were nothing more than two strangers - Dad being the sperm donor who rented mom's womb.  In our fairy tale then Forrest had come along and turned Dad's head, this has always made us look at Forrest in bad light, as far as we were concerned, he was the reason why our parents split up - fueled by the fact that our Mother has never hid the fact that she hates Forrest with a passion .... boy did we get Forrest wrong!!

It never occurred to us that our parents were part of two gay couples.  Thinking about it now, Lilac was the giveaway, but because she faded while we were still too young to understand that our family unit was not quite normal, she was quickly forgotten about and Mom has not been in any kind of relationship since that we've seen.  She has always given us the impression that Forrest stole "her man" - she in particular has been playing us like a fool!!  The only truthful thing that she's ever told us is that they have all stayed together for the sake of us kids.

All this makes me question myself, I'm bisexual, there is no line between male and female for me, like I thought there wasn't for them, which makes me wander if I'm the way I am because that's how I thought it should be.  It makes me laugh now thinking about our childish theories of what we thought was going on and how very wrong we were!!

Now that I know the truth - it kind of changes everything - in fact, all three of them have changed in my eyes, it's like I'm stood looking at three completely new people, Mom, Dad and Forrest are definitely not who I thought they were.


I can hear the shouting coming from in the hallway, Mom, Dad and Forrest are having another one of their slanging matches, which seem to be getting worse every day lately.  Since Dad kind of hinted that Mom loved him and was causing complications I've been watching her closely and I've noticed quite a few things that she has been doing to cause trouble between Dad and Forrest, it's like she is purposefully trying to split them up.

The three of them are too busy arguing to even notice that I'm stood watching them and listening!!


Forrest:  "NO - NO - NO - NO!!!!!  Never in a million years .... I am not going to keep on telling you Mel!! So DON'T ask again the answer forever will be - NO!!!!"  he shouts quite nastily
Melon:  "But Jakey needs me, I've been his Mother since Lilac died, think about what this is going to do to him!!!"
Forrest:  "JAKE will do perfectly fine WITHOUT you, he knows you are not his Mother, and I'm not falling for your emotional blackmail, so quit it Mel!!  When the triplets have their birthday - you are out - you know the deal!!!  You will not be living under our roof one second longer!!!"
Melon:  "Lyric please, tell him, Jake needs me!!"
Lyric:  "Don't drag me into this ......"


Melon:  "Come on ... what are a few more years ... for Jakes sake!!!!"
Forrest:  "We are not talking about a few more years though are we Melon, ten years more like it and it's not happening!!!  You are lucky you are still here at all!!!  Unfortunate really for you Lilac dying, because we'd have had no choice but to let you stay you two being together ... but then you were really never together were you Mel, I've said all along that was one bad act just so that you could try and get your claws into Lyric!!!  I'm actually surprised you haven't tried to do me in yet!!!!"
Melon:  "You're a joker - letting that over active imagination of yours run away with itself again ... look I'm sorry ... I'll change, I'll stop it ......."
Forrest:  "I wouldn't put anything past you Mel ..... and pigs might fly - you can't stop it - if you could you would have done by now!!!!  It's because you are so blatant that you are out Mel, the second the triplet blow out their candle's your bags are packed and you are out that door!!"
Melon:  "Lyric ........"
Lyric:  "Look Mel, don't even try to get me to help you ..... You have turned this baby sharing thing into a nightmare ...... Forrest is right, it's your own fault!!  You know I've only let you stay this long for the kids sakes, and Jake is his son ..... he gets to decide."
Forrest:  "See, he won't help you, he wants you out as much as I do - he loves ME not you ME, and he's sick of you trying to maul him every chance you get ... so get over it, move out and get on with your life - if it had been up to me you would have been out YEARS ago, in fact if I'd known you had that crush on him before we even started this you would never have come through that door!!"
Melon:  "You owe me ........" she said looking at Dad who suddenly seemed to lose his temper.
Lyric:  "NOTHING!!!  I owe you NOTHING!! ..... you got the baby you wanted and more, much more, and it's not like I'm kicking you out on the street I always said I'd look after you when this was all over - and I will ... I don't break my promises like you do!!" he looked at Forrest, smiled then suddenly nodded his head before he turns back to Mom  "In fact Mel - you've just helped me decide on something .... providing Cello is okay with it .... as I've always promised you, you'll be getting enough money to set you up for the rest of your life, plus I'm going to give you this house ... so what more do you want from me ....."  I watch Forrest's head turn quickly in Dad's direction, so quick I'm surprised he didn't give himself whiplash, a huge smile crept across his face, as Dad and Forrest stood there grinning at each other.   What the hell is all that about?! 
Melon:  "You know what I want!!" I heard Mom mutter which soon wiped the smile off both Forrest's and Dad's faces.

The language flying out of Forrest's mouth is pretty unrepeatable!!


Melon:  "And what about OUR son!?"  Mom said turning to Dad  "Cello ... you know he's definitely going to need me!!"
Lyric:  "Oh don't come that one!!  I think we have already exhausted that conversation Mel!!"
Melon:  "Like I said before .... being bisexual can be very confusing - you think you have issues to deal with being gay - you want to try not knowing why you don't see a difference between men and women like everyone else does, something you wouldn't even begin to understand ........ that's why he will need me in particular .... because you don't have a clue!!"
Lyric:  "Rubbish - he doesn't seem very confused to me ... in fact, I'd say quite the opposite - he's already having sex with both Chad and Jessie .... if he was confused he wouldn't be doing it!!!!  People with issues withdraw into themselves, he's far from withdrawn as well you know .... so quit trying to use Cello and Jake as an excuse, your rubbish isn't washing with either of us anymore Mel!!!!"
Forrest:  "Yes Mel ... ITS OVER ... in five days ... there is NOTHING that you can say or do that will prevent it!!!!  We will be gone and out of your reach .... FINALLY!!" he looked up at Dad  "Won't we?!"
Lyric:  "Yes we will!!" he seemed to say for Forrest's benefit more than Moms.

Dad and Forrest are stood grinning at each other again while Mom eye's them suspiciously.  I wander up to them now, curious, there seems to be something going on that I don't think I like the sound of.




Melon:  "Gone?! .... You said I'm getting this house ..... why?!  Where are you going?"
Forrest:  "A million miles away from you sweetheart and good riddance!!"
Melon:  "Lyric??!!"
Lyric:  "We are leaving town, moving away ..........."
Melon:  "OH NO!!!! Don't think for one minute you are taking any of my kids away with you!!!"
Lyric:  "Shut up Mel!!! You are giving me a headache!!  They are old enough to decide for themselves who they stay with!!"
Cello:  "Dad?!"


Lyric:  "Sorry Cello, I didn't want you to find out like this, I was coming to talk to you about it after we had finished here!!"
Cello:  "You can't just leave us!!"

He explained to me then, Forrest has been offered a promotion, a promotion that he really wants to take, a very good promotion but it means transferring to a new town, but not just any town - Paradice Isle which is quite a long distance away.  At first they had dismissed it because of the distance, but with the way things have been going lately, the prospect of moving away and making a fresh start has become to seem very tempting.  I understood what he was getting at - Mom's antics are causing them to think they have no other choice but to move away and put distance between her and them.  Jazz and Melody get to choose what happens to them - they can stay here with Mom or move away with Dad, I don't get that luxury and neither does Jake, I stay with Dad no matter what because of the heir thing and obviously Jake goes with Forrest.  The worse thing is - it seems, I am the one who gets to chose everyone fate.

The move now depends on me, being the 7th generation heir, I have to stay with Dad, it's his responsibility to see that I do my part in the continuation of our family, so if I am not happy or willing to move away then they can not go, they have no choice but to stay here - now I know what he meant when he said earlier 'providing Cello is okay with it .."  Now my head is swimming - how can he lay this on my shoulders!!


Lyric:  "You don't have to decide right now, sleep on it, have a good think about it, look up online where we will be going ..... it's a big decision you have to make ..... if you decide you want to go, the four of us can be on our way straight after your birthday, and if Jazz and Melody decide they want to come all the better, but I have a feeling Jazz will stay with your Mother, I don't know about Melody."
Cello:  "Where would we live?"
Lyric:  "I was looking at the available property on the market earlier."  he looked up and smiled at Forrest who looked surprised.   "There is a really nice house on the beach that would be perfect for us, really close to the sports stadium and the music theatre"  he looked at me and smiled, I think he already knows my future lies somewhere in music, and of course the sports stadium is where Forrest will be working.
Melon:  "LIKE HELL is this happening!!!  Cello - you are going nowhere - I forbid it!!!"  Mom suddenly starts yelling at me  "Don't listen to him Cello, do you serious want to be the one to split our family up?"
Cello:  "ME!!!!  I'm not the one splitting up our family you stupid bitch .... YOU ARE!!!!"
Melon:  "Don't talk to me like that!!!!  You don't have a clue .........."



Cello:  "Oh I think I do!!!!  You making us think all these years you've been hard done by .... making us think it's all Forrest's fault!!!  That Dad and Forrest were the bad ones, when all along it's been YOU!!!!  You are pathetic and you make me sick!!!!"
Melon:  "Lyric ........ are you going to just let him speak to me like that!!"
Cello:  "I've been watching you for a while, you are sly and conniving, all you are trying to do is split Forrest and Dad up - for what? - something you want that you can't have and it's about time you grew up and realized he wouldn't touch you with a barge pole - you don't have a dick!!  AND I don't appreciate you trying to use me as your excuse for clinging onto Dad - I'm quite happy with my sexuality thank you very much and I certainly don't need you or that twisted head of yours!!!"

I let my mouth get carried away, I'm cringing waiting for a bollocking from Dad, he never would have let me speak to any adult like that before, especially not Mom ..... but the bollocking never came!


Melon:  "You've been filling his head with rubbish ...... haven't you!!  Why else would he talk to me like that .... and you let him!!!!  What shit have you been feeding him?!"  she turns angrily to Dad
Lyric:  "Rubbish?!  I didn't hear him say anything that isn't true .... did you?!  Other than putting him straight on some of the shit you have been feeding the three of them all these years, I've said nothing too him .... the boy has eyes and ears .... he's actually worked most of it out for himself!!"
Cello:  "Dad hasn't said anything, I told you I've been watching you - he doesn't bad mouth you like you bad mouth him!"


Mom stormed off in temper - I imagine to lay down her poison with Jazz and Melody.  I am not sure I like the "new" version of my family that I'm seeing!!  Mom, she's always been just Mom ... now, I can see a side to her that I really don't like.

Forrest throws himself at Dad, Mom is forgotten ... they don't say a word about her ... Forrest excited about the prospect of the move and his new job ... and I think he's forgotten I'm still standing here too, he says a few things that I maybe shouldn't be listening too.  They make me laugh to myself, so obviously into each other, I've always viewed their love for each other in a bad way because of Mom, but I can't do that any more, they are not the ones in the wrong ... she is.  

It really can't be nice for her having to watch the way Dad and Forrest are together, but still she shouldn't be doing what she's doing!!!!  I suppose I should feel sorry for her in a way - you can't help who you fall in love with ....... which makes me think about my own problem .....

Lyric:  "Pack it in Forrest!!  We don't have time for this, I need to speak to Jazz and Melody before Mel sticks the knife in completely!"


I take myself off to think and take my frustration out on my guitar.


I have a decision to make ........ and it's not going to be an easy one!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. At least he is no longer blind to what has been going on! I wonder what he will decide........

    ReplyDelete