Sunday 27 October 2013

Chapter 2 - Gen 7 - Cello

I might have known that they would all come to me one by one, and try to get me on my own to let me know just what they wanted and thought.  The only ones that didn't were Dad and Forrest.  Forrest who probably had more riding on my decision than everyone else.  He is the one who would gain the most by us going and lose everything that he wanted if I decided we were staying here .... yet he didn't say a single word to me.

Jazz was surprisingly the first one, he started the very next morning on the school bus.  I knew the moment he sat down after shooing Jake from his seat next to me, that he would have something to say on the matter, Jazz NEVER sits next to me on the school bus, he usually finds the furthest seat away possible from me.

Jazz:  "Just so you know, I'm not bothered what you decide, but I'm staying with Mom!!"
Cello:  "Yeah we guessed you would."
Jazz:  "We .... listen to you, since when did you become Dad's best buddy?!"  he snaps sarcastically  "Oh wait ... I forgot ... you are the chosen one!!"
Cello:   "Shut up .... jealous??!!"
Jazz:  "Oh I'm far from jealous of your relationship with that faggot, I bet he's really proud of you being a faggot just like he is!!"



Cello:  "Im not a 'faggot' ...... just ask your girlfriend!!"  I saw his face drop at the mention of Jess  "So, You never told me Jess puts out .. oh silly me ... how would you know, you never got that far with her did you!!!"  I couldn't help but take the opportunity to stick the knife in a little.
Jazz:  "Oh you're a faggot alright - Chad will vouch for that!! and as for Jess, don't mention her name again or I'll break your face .. faggot!!"
Cello:   "Whatever!!"  I'm laughing at him in my head, while Jessie dumped the pair of us like a tonne of bricks when she found out I was not only messing about with her but Chad too, I think what pisses Jazz off most about it all is that he never got past first base with her,  I was the one sleeping with his girlfriend not him.  We sat in silence for a while, I thought that might be the end of it, but it wasn't.
Jazz:  "So are you going or what?!"
Cello:  "I don't have a clue yet, I'm still thinking."
Jazz:  "Well as much as I can't wait to see the back of you and those two faggots, I think you should stay for Mom, it's going to kill her you know if Dad leaves."
Cello:  "Maybe I should tell you something - she is the whole reason why we should leave - there is something about Mom and Dad you don't know!!"

Jazz looked at me confused.  I had to explain everything to him, repeating everything that Dad has told me, what I've seen Mom doing and the argument I overheard and got involved in yesterday.  He sat quietly listening, the expression on his face getting more and more troubled the further I got into it.  I saw him looking back at Jake and knew exactly what he was thinking.

Cello:  "Jake was made the same way we were, by the hospital ......."
Jazz:  "Shhhit me!!"
Cello:  "You know Jazz you need to cut them, especially Forrest some slack, he isn't the bad guy in all this, Dad and Forrest were together before he even met Mom ... this love affair Mom's having with Dad is all in her head, they have never been together, they've not even slept with each other, they were strangers when the hospital made us!!"

Jazz just looked at me, I could tell he was floored, but I knew it would take a while for it to all sink into his head properly, I'd hardly slept for days after Dad told me, and I suppose I should have told Melody and Jazz, but I just couldn't bring myself to.  The bus stopped outside the school gates.  He got up without saying a word and started making his way off the bus, his head down deep in thought.


As soon as I got home from school Mom was on my case.  I'd just watched her wash up her plate as I came in and picked up mine.  She'd already eaten so when she took another plate and sat down next to me - I knew it was just an excuse and what I had coming.

Melon:  "So have you decided on anything?"
Cello:  "No not yet and you're the last person I'd tell!!"  I am angry with her, just the sight of her, for what she's done to us as a family, it's her fault that Dad feels he needs to escape and split up the family just so that they can have a peaceful life without her stalking him.
Melon: "Cello you need to quit your attitude with me!!"
Cello:  "And you need to quit what you are doing to Dad, YOU have driven him away with your stalking!!  Besides I don't want to talk to you - I can't believe anything that comes out of your mouth anymore after all the lies you've made us believe!!!"
Melon:  "We didn't tell you stuff for your own good, to protect you and I''m not the only one guilty of that, your Dad is too but I notice you taking his side!!"
Cello:  "I can get why you might not have told us were were test tube babies, neither of you told us - but Dad wasn't the one filling our head with a fairy tale romance that was all bullshit - we've given Forrest stick for years thinking he split you two up because of your lies!!"
Melon:  "He deserved it."  she sniggered and muttered under her breath


Cello:  "He so didn't deserve it!!!  You don't even see how much of a fool your making of yourself do you!!"
Melon:  "Like what?!" she snapped at me
Cello:  "Your acting like a dog after a bone - He's 100% gay for berry's sake, he's not like you and me, he couldn't go there even if he wanted to - which you do know Mom - or why else the hospital!!"  She started choking on her food  "He OBVIOUSLY is madly in love with Forrest, and I doubt he even likes you after the way you've been carrying on, so why keep stalking him, even I can see you are NEVER going to change his mind!!"
Melon:  "He loves me, he just can's see past that idiot because he is a pretty boy!!"
Cello:  "You SERIOUSLY are deluded aren't you!!!  You need help Mom!!!"
Melon:  "Cello PLEASE you need to help me - I need you to say No to this stupid plan of his, he can't move away,  he needs to be here with me, he'll wake up eventually ........."  she sounded almost desperate.
Cello:  "NO MOM - You need to see a doctor .... "  I looked at her - she's friggin nuts!!!  So nuts she's actually scaring me!!  I'm looking at her and she's staring back at me with the strangest expression on her face  "Wooooow!!!  If this is what love does to you ..... I don't think I want it!!!"

I drop my fork onto my plate, I seriously can't eat anymore, I have to get up and walk away, I swear my Mother has totally lost the plot ... she's driven herself insane!!!!!


Even Jake wanted to have his say, even if he was very misguided.  He looked very lost when he wandered up to me, I was just finishing off my homework, he stood by me saying nothing, just staring off into space.

Cello:  "What's up shorty?"  he didn't answer me at first he carried on staring into space  "Jake what's wrong?"
Jake:  "Cello can we not move away please?"  this took me by surprise, so as not to unsettle him we have been asked by Forrest not to talk about the move around him, he wasn't to know about it until it was definately happening.
Cello:  "Who told you we are moving away Jake?"  He totally clammed up again, he wouldn't tell me at first how he knew about the possible move.  "Okay, so why don't you want to move away Jake."  he looked at me, I could tell something was bothering him, he's normally pretty talkative and as a rule you can't shut him up when he has an opinion on something.  "Jake?"  still nothing  "Maybe we should go find your Dad."
Jake:  "NO!!!  He'll be mad with me!!  Please ... I'm not to tell Dad!!  It's a secret!  I can only tell you and Lyric."
Cello:  "Who told you it's a secret Jake?"  he clammed up again, then the penny dropped  "Was it ... was it  Mom?" he looked away  "Did Melon tell you it was a secret??"  he nodded but still didn't look at me.  "Jake you need to tell me what she said to you!!"

At first I got nothing out of him, not until I told him I was taking him to his Dad again, then he told me.  Mom had been at him telling him to tell only me and Lyric he didn't want to go away and if we did he wanted Mom to come with us, that he didn't want us to leave Mom behind.  She also told him if he didn't he would be in trouble with her.  I was livid.  She'd actually scared him, he was upset and confused .... she had really gone too far this time!!!  I had to take him to bed and read to him till he fell asleep, Forrest had gone to work and Dad was out.  I didn't go looking for Mom even though I wanted too, I needed to calm myself down first.



Melody:  "Cello can I have a word."
Cello:  "Oh so you're speaking to me now?!  I wander why!!"  I say to her sarcastically, since she found out about me and Chad she has seriously been snubbing me, even going to the lengths of walking out of the room everytime I walked into it, but why should she be any different, of course she is going to want to throw her thoughts into the mix.
Melody:  "It's Jazz ........ is what you told him this morning true?"
Cello:  "Do you think I'd lie about something so serious?!"  I snap at her  "Of course it's true - maybe you should speak to Dad about it, I'm not really in the mood right now Melody."
Melody:  "I've already spoken to Dad about my plans ... but not about this ..."
Cello: "Why what are your plans?!  I'm guessing you're with Jazz, you're staying with Mom!"
Melody:  "No, actually, I'm going to University, I'm going to be away for the next three years anyway, so you don't have to worry about what I want."
Cello:  "That's nice!!"  I am a little surprised, I'd not even given Uni a thought myself



Cello: "So when your three years are up, what will you do then, follow us or come back to Mom?"
Melody:  "You sound like you've already made up your mind to go."
Cello:  "No I haven't, but hypothetically, if we did go, then what would you do?"
Melody:  "I don't know, I'm really torn you know, it's hard for me to chose between them, I'd be so much happier if they stayed together ...."
Cello:  "They are not together Mel, they've never been together!!"
Melody:  "Cello how did we not see what was going on here?"
Cello:  "Because we were blinded by Mom's bullshit!!"  Then I thought about Jake, he was the reason for me to be camped out in the hallway waiting for Forrest to get home.  "Now she's trying to bully Jake, he was upset earlier, she's trying to bully him into saying he doesn't want to go and he needs her to go with us!!  She's telling him to say he needs his Mommy - she's twisted!!!"
Melody:  "Well you should tell Forrest, she shouldn't be doing that!!  I seriously can't believe what she's been up to all this time!!!"
Cello:  "Oh don't worry I will be telling him the minute he gets in from work!!  Where is she anyway, Mom?  You know I was talking to her earlier Melody, I swear she's lost the plot!!"
Melody:  "She said she had to go talk to Dad about something, he's singing at the Rodeo club tonight I think."
Cello:  "Yeah - she's stalking and harassing him more like because Forrest is not around!!"


Melody:  "So Chad?"
Cello:  "What about him?"
Melody:  "You two are still together I take it - I saw you at break sucking each others faces off!"
Cello:  "And?
Melody:  "So what are you going to do - isn't he going to make this heir thing complicated .... and if you move away are you taking him with you?"
Cello:  "I .... I don't know, I haven't thought about it .... Mel I really don't want to talk about it .... especially not with you of all people!!"
Melody:  "Fine!!!"  she snapped  "I'll leave you to it then!" she said and she wandered away leaving me alone.


Chad, why had she mentioned Chad, I am really trying not to think about him.

I am beginning to see that the best thing for most of us would be to move away, if we don't Mom is just going to ruin everything, we really can't carry on how we are.  Dad and Forrest will be happier, and probably so will Jake.  Melody is going off to University and Jazz doesn't really seam to care if we are here or not - Mom will suffer the most, but then if we stay we are all going to suffer because I don't think she's ever going to stop until she's broken everything.

That just leaves me - and really there is only one thing that is holding me back from wanting to go and that's Chad.




The door burst open and Forrest ran through it closely followed by Dad, both of them giggling like a pair of girls.

Forrest:  "Did you see HER face!?"  he can hardly speak for laughing  "She seriously didn't expect to see me standing there!!  Lucky I got of work early or you'd have been in for another ear bashing!!"  he's doubled up holding his stomach
Lyric:  "When you said run - I didn't think you meant it!!!"  he too is in stitches.

Now they are so wrapped up in what they are doing to even notice me and Jazz are both sitting here.  Jazz, who had walked in a few minutes before them is sat doing his homework, he looks up from his book and tuts then just carries on writing,  it's unlike him not to make some kind of snide comment.

I feel like a grass sat here waiting for them to come back just so as I can them about Jake and Mom.

Cello:  "Dad"
Lyric:  "Mmmm"
Cello:  "I need a word with you and Forrest it's important."


They look happy - but they won't be when I tell them what Mom's been up to.

I think I'm just about to burst their bubble.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment