Thursday 7 November 2013

Chapter 7 - Gen 7 - Cello


Dad gave me a new guitar, but not just any guitar, it had once belonged to his Great Granddad, Rocky Giggs.  The guitar being something else that is being passed down through the generations to each heir along with the family graves.  This guitar must now be coming into its four hundredth year, it looked almost brand new and must be worth a fortune by now with it's age and having belonged to a famous Rockstar - I was almost too scared to play it.

Lyric:  "Here - it's your turn to have this."  he said as he handed it too me  "My Granddad Cain gave me this, it belonged to his Dad Rocky, I want you to guard it with your life - break it or lose it and I'll break your neck just like he would have broken mine!!"
Cello:  "Should I even be playing it?!  It's so old!!"  I said as I started to look it over
Lyric:  "Yeah, go on ... try it ... it will out live you as long as you look after it!!"  he laughed as he picked up my old guitar  "Let's hope you have a musical child, so you've got someone to pass it down to."

I started to play the guitar, straight away my fingers started to fly across the strings like I'd suddenly lost all  control of my own fingers.



Cello:  "Woooow .... it feels like ..... it's almost like this Rocky fella - he's still playing it!!"  my Dad started chuckling to himself
Lyric:  "Funny that, I used to think exactly the same thing!!"  he's still laughing  "My Granddad used to tell me his Dad's spirit is still in that guitar!!"
Cello:  "That's just superstitious nonsense!!"
Lyric:  "How so ... you just said it yourself!!"  he starts laughing  "Come back in a months time and tell me everytime you play that guitar that it doesn't feel different, like your suddenly the best guitarist in the world ... I've spent hours trying to do stuff on other guitars that I can do on only that one!!"
Cello:  "If you say so Dad!"  I said thinking he's winding me up now, he has to be.
Lyric:  "Trust me ... Rocky, he'll possess you every time you pick up his guitar .. it's not you playing that guitar - he is!!"

He's gone deadly serious - he's not joking either!!!!


After my talk with Dad over breakfast about Chad, I felt a lot better - I'm not sure why because I did most of the talking in the end, he mainly listened.  It might have been saying it out loud that helped me more than anything, I'd kept it all locked inside and letting it out was like a weight off my shoulders and while I was trying to convince Dad that I was doing the right thing carrying on with the heir thing, I was also convincing myself that I'm doing the right thing .... as much as it hurt.

I was very surprised with how the conversation had gone, I imagined him tearing strips off me, but he didn't, he was very understanding. maybe a little too understanding, enough to tempt me for a moment into running straight back to Chad and he would have gladly let me too.  Knowing that Jazz is there eagerly ready and waiting for me to fall flat on my face kind of shocked me - he'd just love that Jazz - to see me fail -  but I'm not giving him the satisfaction, because it's not happening - for my own sake.  This just gave me a third incentive for not failing my duties as the 7th generation heir!!

Deciding to start keeping myself busy instead of moping, also helped, it gave me less time to think about the things that are getting me down.  I started to spend a lot of time in the park, busking, for a laugh mainly, so I could get to meet people and to help improve my guitar skills which are suddenly flying thanks to my new guitar.


This is when I noticed there really are some strange and ugly looking people in this town - and I thought I had problems with my ears and nose!!  The inhabitants on this island are pretty weird, I've also noticed that hardly any of them are actually 'human', I've spotted every kind of supernatural and life state that I can think of wandering around this town, which kind of make me and my family like the odd ones out being completely human.


It actually makes me wander what Dad was thinking when he decided we should move to this island, I haven't really seen a lot of girlfriend material around the place other than Mallows sister who is the only other human that I've come across. I get the feeling that if my Dad thinks that the next generation of Ugli's is going to be completely human, I think he's going to be sadly mistaken!!


I'm slowly getting to know a lot of the regular visitors to the park who hang around watching me play.  Dawn in particular is one of them who I really like and get on with well.  She's a werewolf and I actually think she's really attractive when she's in human form, her wolf form though is going to take a little getting used to and at the moment I'm keeping her at arms length because I'm very wary of those teeth of hers.


I had managed to track down Luci, the very next night after the park bench encounter I spotted her over by the park, she was hanging about with her brother Lucian and another vampire friend.  Vampires can read human minds - I didn't know that - and while it makes me feel very uncomfortable sometimes, it can also be very amusing, we can sit for hours having a conversation where only she speaks and I don't have to open my mouth because she just reads my thoughts.  So while I'd been sat on the park bench she was hearing everything I was thinking and that's how she'd known Chad's name.


I ended up spending the whole night hanging around with her and over the past few weeks we have hardly been apart since and while, like with Dawn, I'm very wary of her teeth, with Luci I just couldn't help going there.

I found her very attractive and we have a lot in common, her brother Lucian, took an instant disliking to me because of course he could hear what I was thinking, and so could she for that matter, but that was before I knew they were reading my mind.  I cringe now thinking about what all three of them had heard me thinking - they knew exactly what was going through my mind.

Cello:  "Luci, I need to ask you about Chad ... how did you know about him and that he had been ignoring my phonecalls?"
Lucinda:  "That's for me to know and you to find out!!"  she giggled, her friend also started giggling
Lucian:  "Tell him Luci!! Stop toying with him, I don't know how much more of this I can take -  I'm just about to knock his friggin block off!!!"
Cello:  "What?!"  I'd looked at Lucian in confusion, I can see him glaring angrily at me  "What the fudge have I done to you!?"
Lucian:  "Undressing my sister in your head, and all the other stuff you wanna do to her - and when you walked over the road to us you had me thinking you are gay ... man you're twisted!!"
Cello:  "Excuse me?!"
Lucian:  "You obviously don't know much about vampires do you ... we can read your thoughts man ... all three of us are stood here listening to the filth flying through your head, and yeah, I am a blood sucking prick if that's what you wanna think ... you carry on ... because it'll be your blood I'll be sucking!!"
Cello:  "Fudge!!" I had just called him a blood sucking prick in my head.

Needless to say, I got off on the wrong footing with her brother straight away.


Standing outside her house getting annoyed, I've rang the doorbell twice and she's taking her time to answer the door, so I phone her.

Cello:  "Luci let me in  - you know I'm out here I can feel you in my head!!"  she laughed
Lucinda:  "I'm coming now!  keep your hair on!!"


Lucinda:  "Sorry, I was feeding and thought I ought to finish first before I let you in, I know how you hate it."  The thought and sight of her drinking blood makes me wanna puke, even if it is from a carton and I can't really see it, just thinking about it makes my stomach turn - I'm not really sure I'm very good boyfriend material for a vampire.
Cello:  "I hope it didn't have a pulse!!"
Lucinda:  "No cartons - I guessed you wouldn't be volunteering again tonight."  she starts laughing
Cello:  "No, you are NEVER using me as your personal vending machine again - I've felt like crap all day!!"  Letting Luci drink my blood when she was blood thirsty was not the cleverest thing I've ever done - but I guess you have to try everything at least once.
Lucinda:  "Sorry, I won't ask again!!"  she hugged me  "It was only because I was desperate!"
Cello:  "I know ... say we are still going out aren't we, you're not even dressed, I did say smartish because they won't let us into the club otherwise."
Lucinda:  "Do you mind if we don't go out tonight Cello, I'm not really in the mood."
Cello:  "I don't mind, I am actually a little tired myself after you drained me!!"  I laughed but she didn't I glance at her face and she does look a little miserable.  She grabbed my hand and took me into the house.


Cello:  "You okay? you do look a little down!!"
Lucinda:  "Yeah, just something playing on my mind." she smiles at me and I can tell it's a little half hearted "Just ignore me, I'll get over it!!"
Cello:  "You wanna talk about it?"  she shakes her head, I noticed how quiet it is in this house for a change  "It's quiet where is the little monster?"  I said looking around for her little brother Damon who usually doesn't leave us alone and has to be hands down the noisiest and most annoying kid I've ever seen or met.
Lucinda:  "He's having a sleepover at his mates, my parents are making the most of it and have gone out, Lucian's out too  sooooooo  ..."  She gives me one of her cheeky smiles as she pulls me in close "We have the place to ourselves baby."


I don't need to ask her what she's planning, I know we will be doing nothing else tonight other than going straight to her room.  While our sex life is pretty wild and really good, I'm not sure the rest of our relationship is ever going to go anywhere.  It's not actually Luci herself, it's the vampire thing.  There are too many things that I really don't like, the blood drinking, the mind reading, she is always too cold and her back to front day of sleeping all day and being awake all night being the main things ... and there is no way on this planet I would ever want to become a vampire or have any vampire children!!  For now she is a good distraction, she's taking my mind off Chad sometimes.


Lucinda:  "I don't get why you don't stay all night, we are in bed anyway so would it hurt you to sleep in the same bed as me -  you always want to get straight up and do a runner"
Cello:  "Besides you freezing me half to death - It's my Gran she's always on my case when I get home in the middle of the night, I swear she waits up for me - just to give me hell about being a dirty stop out!!"
Lucinda:  "That's not the reason and you know it - it's the guilt isn't it - I'm in your head remember, so why make up rubbish!!" she suddenly lost her temper
Cello:  "So why ask stupid questions if you already know!!"  I snap at her then instantly regret it because I know she's been in my head again and I know what she's been listening to.  "I'm sorry!! ...  My Gran does actually give me hell but ... I'm sorry!! .... this isn't working is it!!"
Lucinda:  "Not really, do you wanna know why I'm miserable, it's you!!!!"  I look at her  "I'm sick of hearing his name ... I'm never going to be able to compete with him am I!!"
Cello:  "That's not fair .... I haven't mentioned Chad once since the first day we spoke about him!!!"
Lucinda:  "No but you never stop thinking about him do you ... you forget sometimes don't you that I'm in your head, and I really don't like what I'm having to listen to and when I'm having to listen to it!!!"  I do forget sometimes and let my mind wander when I'm around her.  I was never going to get away with it with a vampire was I!!!!


Lucinda:  "You left him - why if you feel like this - and why even bother trying to have a relationship with me if you are not really into it?!"
Cello:  "Don't you already know ... like you keep reminding me ... you are in my head!!"
Lucinda:  "No I don't - I've been waiting, but you haven't actually thought about it yet, not around me anyway, Lucian caught something about you wanting a baby the other day, but that was all."
Cello:  "It's kind of creepy that your whole family is in my head and that my private thoughts are up for discussion!!"
Lucinda:  "That's why as a rule we steer clear of dating humans ... I should have listened to my Dad ... he keeps telling me to turn you or dump you ... you make everyone uncomfortable when you are around ... we all hear what you're thinking and my parents really don't like knowing all the details of what we're up to in the bedroom!!"
Cello:  "Well I think we both know which of your Dad's options we'll be chosing because I'll be damned if I'm going to become a blood sucker!!"
Lucinda:  "Fine!!"


That was the end of me and Luci.

I didn't go home, I needed to think, I walked to the community pool and just sat there.

Lyric:  "Cello?!"  I looked up and am very surprised to see my Dad standing in front of me  "I'ts 5am in the morning what are you doing out here?"
Cello:  "I could ask you the same question."
Lyric:  "Your Gran, who is seriously getting on my nerves, kept waking me up to say you weren't home!! She's actually worried because your phones switched off - I gave up with her nagging and just to shut her up I came out to look for you, not that I expected to find you, I just thought you was staying over at Luci's."
Cello:  "Does she forget how old I am!!  Too old to have a curfew!!"
Lyric:  "I don't know what's up with her - since our talk, she's changed - you should actually think yourself lucky you are the only one she's EVER cared about other than herself!!"
Cello:  "She's friggin suffocating me!! I think I'd rather have the old Gran back!!"
Lyric:  "So what's up?"
Cello:  "Me and Luci broke up."
Lyric:  "Oh!! ..... anything to do with Chad?"
Cello:  "Partly Chad, but there was other stuff."



Lyric:  "You wanna talk about it?"
Cello:  "What is there to talk about - the only good thing about our relationship is the sex!"  I watched him roll his eyes  "Too many things weren't working - I really don't like vampires or their lifestyle, she was in my head all the time and Chad was causing her a problem and she's already mentioned turning me - that kind of did it for me."
Lyric:  "Too be honest, for me its a relief - I've been worrying myself stupid over the vampire thing - I'd got visions of you being turned and our family being vampires from you on wards - I really don't like that idea!!"
Cello:  "You do realize don't you, I'm going to be very hard pressed to keep our family completely human in this town!!!  his face twisted  "I only know one human family besides our own, Mallow's, and I'm not really into his sister River, she's a right miserable cow, now if it was Mallow ...."  I smiled at him
Lyric:  "Yeah you would!!!  Keep away from Mallow, if you are going to start messing about with him then you may as well just go back to Chad!! You promised no men!!"  he scratched his head  "No men - No fairy's and I hope we've now added vampires to the list!!"


Cello:  "Now ..... I have seen a very interesting girl who keeps hanging around in the park."  he looks across at me  "Her name is Tinkerbell Reed - she's a plant apparently!!"
Lyric:  "Ohhhh I've seen those plant things - Don't even go there Cello!!!" I start laughing as he looks like he's about to have a massive panic attack!
Cello:  "Don't worry I don't intend to!!"  I'm laughing really hard  "I just wanted to see your face!!"
Lyric:  "Come on you idiot!!"  he said as he stood up and grabbed me by my arm  "We better get home before your Gran has the police out looking for you!!"


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The gorgeously ugly sims in photo's 3 - 4 - 5 and 6 were made by a bunch of the lovely members over on the Simpletons Forum - thank you guys!!
And a little bit in there for Whitewave - keeping her lovely Rocky's memory alive :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Aw.....long live Rocky!!

    Good thing he didn't fall for the vampire and YaY our uglies are finally making an appearance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - I thought you might like that!! Yeah I'm extra specially glad he didn't fall for the vampire - Lucian and Lucinda are Dante and Reds kids and I threw them in accidentally :/ I nearly died when I realised what I'd done!! Yes the simpleton uglies are rearing their head - there are only two hes bothered to speak to lol - and you might guess which two (Dawn and Banana)

      Delete