Sunday 10 November 2013

Chapter 8 - Gen 7 - Cello


Since my Grandparents have had thier birthdays and become elderly they both seem to have changed a little, my Grandmother in particular is like a different person.  She seems to have lost the sharpness off her tongue, her higher than almighty attitude and she's grown an unnatural obsession over me and my well being in particular - to the point where she is actually suffocating me.

My Dad is finding it highly amusing, and I think Granddad is quite freaked out by her beaviour. Dad says its like she's finally learnt how to be nice, she's even trying to be his Mother, a Grandmother to me and Jake, and she's being super nice to Forrest even if it is all a little too late for Dad to forgive her.  It's like after that talk that Dad and Gran had, she opened up and let out all the bad stuff that's she's always carried around with her that's been eating her up  - like just letting it out and sharing it with Dad has helped to repair some of it somehow.

I knew it wouldn't be long before she searched me out just to hovering around me.

Amber:  "So you finally made it home safely!!"
Cello:  "Yes Gran, as you can see I'm still in one piece, you really didn't need to send Dad out looking for me - I am old enough to look after myself!!"
Amber:  "I worry with you hanging around with that vampire girl!!  I really don't trust vampires!!"
Cello:  "Well there is no need, besides we broke up and I won't be dating any more vampires!!"
Amber:  "Good and you should really keep away from those werewolves - I don't trust them either and they have those nasty sharp teeth too!!"  I laughed at her - "I really don't like that werewolf friend of yours that you keep hanging about with either ... what's her name?"
Cello:  "Dawn .. don't worry she doesn't bite ..... not unless were having sex"
Amber:  "You need putting down - you are disgusting Cello!!!"
Cello:  "And you're easy to wind up - me and Dawn are just friends!!  Don't worry Gran - no vampires, no werewolfs, and no fairys before you bring those up too!!"


Amber:  "Cello I don't like you wandering about all night, it's not safe after dark, then you're sleeping all the daytime away .... is this really how your Dad taught you how to behave?!"
Cello:  "That's what happens when you're dating a vampire, but like I said we broke up so it won't be happening anymore everything will go back to normal now, so chill, you are going to give yourself a coronary or something!!"
Amber:  "Good because you are disturbing my sleeping pattern!!"
Cello:  "Look you don't have to wait up for me to come in every night - I'm quite capable of looking after myself!!"
Amber:  "Well maybe you should start phoning me to let me know where you are and that you are going to be out late!!"
Cello:  "Okay, if it's going to shut you up I'll phone you!!"  she's now driving me nutz with her constant fussing , not even my parents were as bad as she is now "Where is Granddad?" I asked her hoping she would go and bug him instead.
Amber:  "Oh, you haven't heard he latest have you - I could strangle Forrest, hes only found your Granddad a job at the stadium, serving popcorn and stuff!!"  this really made me laugh - he's just retired from the police force and now he's gone and got himself another job.  "He said he was getting bored being stuck in the house doing nothing all day."
Cello:  "He wanted to escape your nagging really didn't he Gran!!"
Amber:  "No!!! - you cheeky monkey!!"
Cello:  "Right, I'm off to bed."  she smiles at me as she picks up my cereal bowl to clean it away for me.
Amber:  "I've put fresh sheets on your bed, tidied up your pig sty of a room and done your washing, and I'm making your favourite for dinner."
Cello  "Thank's Gran!!"  I say as I walk off laughing at her.  While it's nice to suddenly have a doting Grandmother, I just wish she'd stop her fussing - she's suffocating me.



I didn't sleep too well and gave up after a while, and got up.

What Luci had said to me about the guilt was playing on my mind - because she was right, that is why I always do a runner afterwards, as much as I'm enjoying it at the time, the moment it's over I always start feeling awful.

This makes me start wandering what Chad is doing and how he's feeling.  I bet he's pretty mad with me right now -  its been weeks since I heard from him, but that's not because he hasn't bothered to phone me, I imagine he's probably tried ....  after I smashed my phone up the wall I bought a new phone and had my number changed.  So he can't get in touch me even if he tries to.  I wiped his number too ... removing the temptation ... so I can't phone him either even though I want to.  I've wanted to speak to him so many times over the past few weeks, but I haven't be able to, if his number had been in my phone I know I would have definately phoned him a lot by now.



I wandered down into the basement to do a workout when I bumped into Jake, who I hadn't seen much of over the past few weeks with the upside down hours I've been living because of Luci.

Jake:  "Woooow - he lives in the daytime, where's your vampire!!"
Cello:  "Very funny shorty!! We broke up!!"
Jake:  "Oh sorry I didn't know."  he frowned at me  "So did she dump you?"
Cello:  "Cheeky Git!!  No, we kind of dumped each other!!"
Jake:  "You're not upset then?"
Cello:  "Naaaah."


Cello:  "So what are you up to?"
Jake:  "Just feeding the fish ..... I'm a bit bored really."
Cello:  "So you not out tonight?  I heard you are out a lot lately - Gran thinks you've got yourself a love life."  I said then started laughing at him when I noticed the mark on his neck which looks like a love bite.
Jake:  "NO!!!!  She's wrong!!!"  he snapped like he was discussed that I even suggested he might have a love life.
Cello:  "So what's that on your neck?" I noticed he started to look uncomfortable and fidgety.
Jake:  "Its a graze." he nervously covered it up with his hand
Cello:  "Oh yeah .... it looks like a hickey to me!!"
Jake:  "Well it isn't okay ... just drop it Cello ... it's just a graze!!"  he's now starting to get annoyed with me.  I'd swear on that being a love bite ... so why is he being cagey about it?  .
Cello:  "Okay shorty keep your shirt on ..... if you're bored you wanna hang out I'm doing nothing"
Jake:  "Yeah ... as long as you don't mention my graze again!!"
Cello:  "What graze?!"  he started laughing  "Table tennis?"


I've always got on okay with Jake, even though he's only my step brother, he's more like a brother to me than my own brother Jazz has ever been.  If me and Jake had been a little closer in age I recon we would probably have been best mates and hung around together all the time.  Jake has never really been a big fan of Jazz's either because of all the tormenting he used to do to him when he was younger.


I start laughing at him, I should have known better than to suggest playing him at table tennis, he's got a lot of Forrest in him especially his very competitive streak.  Everything is fine while he's winning ... it's a whole different story when he loses.  As I can predict what's coming ... I let Jake win the first two ..........


..... but I wasn't going to let him win the third.

He starts getting angry and slams his bat down onto the table in disgust when I beat him.

Cello:  "Best of five?"
Jake:  "Naah I've had enough!!"  he gets so moody over losing
Cello:  "Go on - you only need to beat me once more!"  I'm laughing at him now which just winds him up more.
Jake:  "I said No didn't I!!"

He strops off in the direction of the music room


Jake storms past his Dad nearly knocking him flying on his way out

Forrest:  "Woow slow down Jake!!"
Jake:  "You can get lost as well!!"  he snaps at him and he runs out the room.
Forrest looks over at me and frowns.
Forrest:  "What's up with him?  You two been fighting?"
Cello:  "No, I just beat him at table tennis and he's got the hump!"  Forrest started laughing
Forrest:  "I swear that boys more competitive than I am!!"  he starts rubbing his face nervously  "Do you think he's okay, he's been acting a little strange lately - has he said anything to you?"
Cello:  "No he hasn't said anything, but I thought he was a little odd myself earlier, he almost had a hissy fit when I asked him about the love bite on his neck."



Forrest:  "Love bite?!"
Cello:  "He says its a graze, but I'd bet on it being a love bite!!!  He bit my head off and got all nervous and fidgety, trying to cover it up - he acted like he was disgusted that I even suggested he has a love life."
Forrest:  "I've kind of got the same reaction from him when I've joked about him having a love life, I think he's hiding something."  he looked at his watch  "Did he tell you he's grounded at the moment?"
Cello:  "No he didn't!!"
Forrest:  "He's been spending a lot of time out lately after school, he's breaking curfew, he was brought home in a police car last night, he'd been drinking he was absolutely wasted so I've grounded him.   I've also had his teacher onto me over his grades, they are really slipping, suddenly he's started playing up at school, not doing his homework, skipping classes - me and your Dad have tried talking to him but he's having none of it - so we were wandering if you'd give it a try, he might open up to you better!!"


Cello:  "Yeah, I'll try talking to him - you don't think it's the move here do you?"
Forrest:  "I don't think so, he was alright up until a few weeks ago, he was actually doing better at school here then he was back home until he started playing up.  He's been so much happier here - he's told us enough - he loves it here, its just lately I don't know what's going on with him!!."
Cello:  "He could be missing Mom."
Forrest:  "Oh don't even go there!!  That would be just like my worst nightmare!!  He hasn't mentioned her, so I don't know - I'm almost too scared to ask him!!"
Cello:  "He'd probably be too scared to tell you if he was missing Mom."
Forrest:  "That's what your Dad said.  I don't know, we've both tried and we can't get a thing out of him."


Cello:  "I'm off out in a bit - I've got a party to go to - I'll have a word with him in the morning, give him time to cool down, I beat him at table tennis, I doubt he'll forgive me for it tonight!!"  Forrest laughed
Forrest:  "No I doubt he will!"  then he hugged me "Thank's Cello!!"

Oh man!!  He really shouldn't hug me like that!!  If only he knew!!  Now I need a cold shower!!


I'd had a party invite from someone I didn't even know.  I wouldn't normally bother to go to a party if I didn't know the person who's sent me the invite, but I'm at a lose end after breaking up with Luci and I needed something to occupy my time to stop me from thinking about Chad.  So what better way than going to a party.

I was pleasantly surprised with the woman who opened the door to me and was already pleased that I'd decided to come.  She looked very surprised when she saw me standing there.

Annie:  "Hi, I'm Annie, I'm really glad you could make it."
Cello:  "Me too!"  I smiled at her
Annie:  "I thought you might have brought Luci with you, I did invite her too."
Cello:  "Oh we broke up, she isn't here is she?!"
Annie:  "No, not as yet."


I liked her instantly, we share a few traits, and she's flirty like me, so it didn't take long for us to hit it off.  She's a genie too, probably one of the only supernatural states that I'm comfortable with, Chad is a genie, that's the only bad thing about it now - it's always going to remind me of him.

I spent a lot of time during the party with Annie talking and laughing.  To start with I watched the door nervously, really hoping that Luci didn't turn up, I could do without seeing her so soon.  As the time went on and it got later and later I started to relax almost certain that she was not going to show up.


I went into the bathroom and Annie followed me, closing the door behind her.  I thought my luck was in when Annie started to flirt with me, but it was quickly interrupted when the door to the bathroom opened.

Lucinda:  "I thought I could hear your self pity from outside!!"  she snapped  "It didn't take you long to forget about me - did it you cretin!!" she sounded quite angry which surprised me, we had parted quite amicably when we broke up saying we would stay friends.
Cello:  "Luci."
Lucinda:  "I wouldn't even bother going there Annie, he's already in love with someone aren't you sweetie!!"  she smiled at me sarcastically.
Cello:  "Very funny Luc!!" I snapped at her while I said to her in my head  "w.t.f are you playing at luci, I thought we were going to stay friends, our breakup was mutual, don't act like it was all one sided now!"
Lucinda:  "I'm saving her from you, that's what I'm doing!!"  she hissed at me showing her teeth while she prodded me in the chest  "She can't read your mind like I can!!"
Cello:  "Well go on then baby - give it your best shot!!"  I snapped back "but watch you don't make yourself sound too bitter!!"
Annie:  "Guys I know you two just broke up, but there is no need to fight!!"
Lucinda:  "Seriously Annie, he'll only use you for his own pleasure to amuse himself, you don't stand a chance against Chad, when he's got you he'll get bored and just throw you away and move onto his next victim!!"
Cello:  "Careful Luci, you almost sound like I broke your heart!!"
Lucinda:  "I don't have one remember, well not one that beats anyway!!"


She breezed out of the bathroom like she'd never been there and Annie just stood there looking at me, not knowing what to do or say.  I apologized for Luci's behaviour, I don't know why, then made my excuses and left, noticing Luci had already left herself.

She'd put me in a bad mood, so I just went straight home thinking she's probably just blown my chances with Annie now anyway!!.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yay!!  Amber FINALLY gets a friend besides Brady!!  After their bust up Amber and Cello both wished to be friends with each other - now they are getting one swimmingly - I just wander how long its going to last.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment