Wednesday 13 November 2013

Chapter 9 - Gen 7 - Cello


I ran into Jake at breakfast like I hoped I would.  Thankfully Gran was busy painting in her room which gave me the chance to talk to Jake alone without her interfering.

Cello:  "So shorty, I hear you've been a naughty boy!!"
Jake:  "Oh, don't you start!!  Ive had enough from both Dad's and Gran!!"
Cello:  "I wasn't going to start - I'm just talking, your Dad told me what you've been up to."
Jake:  "Yeah I bet he did!!"
Cello:  "He's worried about you.  You know Jake, if something is bothering you, you know you can always talk to me."
Jake:  "You're one of them now ......"  I started laughing
Cello:  "Well I wish you'd tell Gran that - she's treating me like I'm a little kid!!"  I look up at him, he's stopped eating and just staring at me.  "I'm still your brother, just because I'm an adult now I'm not going to go running telling tales if that's what you think, I'm still on your side!!"  he's eyeing me suspiciously like he's in two minds.  "So why are you drinking and playing up at school?"
Jake:  "Cause I feel like it!!"  he snapped quite nastily
Cello:  "Chill out man - I'm just trying to talk to you - I'm worried you might be in some sort of trouble or being bullied or something."
Jake:  "I'm not in any trouble or being bullied - just change the subject!!"


Cello:  "Have you spoken to Mom lately, you know I'm really bad, I haven't phoned her once since I got here!!"
Jake:  "Has she not phoned you, she never leaves me alone!!"  I look up at him
Cello:  "She doesn't have my number I changed it remember - She's not bothering you is she Jake?"
Jake:  "Not really I cut her off most of the time because she's annoying!!"
Cello:  "She's not getting at you again is she?"
Jake:  "She tries, but I just laugh at her - I think she's turned into a fruitcake!!"  he started laughing  "She keeps saying I'm her baby and she misses me - I think she forgets she's not actually my Mother!!"  he went quiet for a moment  "Cello, why can't I remember anything about my Mom?"
Cello:  "She died when you were a baby, not long after you was born, I can barely remember her and I was a child when she died, so you are bound not to remember her."
Jake:  "She was gay too wasn't she?"  I looked up at him .... I wander if that's his problem
Cello:  "Yeah, our Mom's were married to each like our Dad's are - two gay couples baby sharing."  he started eating again  "Does it bother you that our Moms and Dads are gay."
Jake:  "No not really!!  It bothers Jazz though doesn't it!!"
Cello:  "Yeah it does - he hates it - that's why he used to play up all the time."
Jake:  "and that's why he hates you - he recons you're a faggot trying to hide it by messing about with girls!!"  I started laughing


Cello:  "Yeah he would!! Are you gay Jake?" I looked up at him and he's now sat staring at me and he doesn't look too happy, I held my hands up  "Just asking!!"
Jake:  "I don't want to talk about it!!"
Cello:  "Why not, you know it doesn't matter what you are in this house!!"
Jake:  "To you maybe, because you're weird!!"
Cello:  "I'm not weird - I'm not the only one you know, there are other people like me!!"
Jake:  "Yeah like Melody's boyfriend who you stole!!  You are still weird ...... it's not normal!!"
Cello:  "To me it is perfectly normal ..... so who gave you the love bite on your neck?"
Jake:  "I told you it's a graze!!"  he stood up sending his chair flying and stormed off.

Shit!! I blew it!!


I watched him storm off into the house, I called after him but he ignored me.  Well that didn't go very well did it - I don't think it's Mom that's causing him the problem, I'm guess whatever is bothering him has something to do with his sexuality and whoever gave him that love bite.  But What?!  I'll leave him calm down a little before I try speaking to him again.

I decided to work on my Drum skills, I love playing the drums especially when I'm in a bad mood, they are great for taking you moods out on.  When I went down into the music room Dad and Gran were already in there jamming together, which kind of amused me, I don't think he likes to admit it but I think he really likes his Mother a lot more these days.


Then Forrest appears to distract me, standing there in front of me in just his shorts, he always sends my blood pressure up when he's around me.  God knows what he and Dad would think say or do if only they knew how hot I think he is.  I've always wandered how Dad got so lucky and why it was Dad that Mom fell in love with and not Forrest!!  He's so blinked too Forrest where Dad is concerned, me and Gran could strip naked right now and he'd never notice, too busy just staring at Dad, like he does.


They NEVER give it a rest those two!!

Not that he ever would, but Forrest is one place I'd never even try going, it would hurt Dad too much and I think I learnt my lesson with that game with Melody and how much I hurt her over moving in on Chad.  I really do feel guilty for hurting her.  Jazz and Jessie was something totally different, I don't feel guilty over hurting Jazz's feeling, it was payback, he's hurt mine enough over the years!!  and Jessie was the one who came onto me - and I wasn't going to complain - I've never been one to look a gift horse in the mouth - I swear there must be something wrong with my hormones!!


I jumped off the drums and went upstairs.  Spotting the computer it made me think that I hadn't checked my emails since we moved here, so I switched it on.  Regretting it the minute my email account loaded up and there popped up what looked like hundreds of emails from Chad - I suppose I should have known better.  I just sat staring at them for a moment while they screamed at me to be opened, every single one of them .... I didn't dare.

Scrolling down the long list of unopened emails, mostly from Chad, I spotted one from Crystal, Chad's sister, I'm not opening that one either no doubt it's not going to be pleasant.  I spotted one from Jessie which I didn't expect, there are a few from Mom quite a lot from Melody and there were even a couple from Jazz.  I opened Jazz's first curious as to what he might have to say for himself, they were actually quite pleasant even if they were short and to the point, I replied to them then was just about to move onto Melody's when the chat box popped up.

Mallow - How you doin?
Cello - So so - You?
Mallow - the same - are you busy later?
Cello -  No, nothing planned - me and Luci broke up!
Mallow - Yeah, I heard, sorry mate!!  I don't have a game tomorrow - fancy hanging out?
Cello - Yeah why not - you can cheer me up!! I put a winky face
Mallow - LOL!!  Don't tempt me - Nial's being a right bitch at the moment, he's off out with his mates again tonight, who he knows I can't stand - I swear he does it on purpose because he knows I won't go with him!!
Cello - You two okay?
Mallow - Yeah he gets like this sometimes!!  He'll be alright in a few days buying me flowers and grovelling - he's a drama queen!!


Cello - lol - So what we doing later?
Mallow - come round to mine if you want.
Cello - Okay
Mallow - So you broke up with Luci!
Cello - it was mutual
Mallow - really?!  that's not how she's telling it!!
Cello - Really!!  I don't know why she's doing that!!  Women are weird creatures!!
Mallow - LOL!!  I wouldn't know!!
Cello - I'm not happy with Luci at the moment, I though my luck was in with Annie last night until she stormed in and ruined it!!  I like her too which is a bummer!!
Mallow - you don't hang around much do you - genie Annie who lives by me?
Cello - Yeah
Mallow - so you're definately sticking with the other side then?!
Cello - Yeah, have no choice mate, unless you're offering that is! another winky face.  I love winding him up, I just wish I could see his face right now.
Mallow - sod off!!  I'm spoken for!! and you're just teasing!!
Cello - LOL!!  that's what you think!!

That's when I noticed Jake standing watching me, he looked really upset, even like he'd been crying.

Cello - Sorry I've got to shoot, looks like my little bro is about to rock and roll - I'll be round about 7.
Mallow - Okay, see you later!!


By the time I'd turned off the computer and got up from my chair Jake was in floods of tears.

Cello:  "Jake? What's wrong?"
Jake:  "I need to talk to you about something, but you can't tell Dad because he'll kill me!!!"
Cello:  "Are you in some sort of trouble?"
Jake:  "I will be when he finds out!!" he's really crying
Cello:  "Just tell me Jake, you're starting to worry me!!"
Jake:  "I'm not gay!!"


Cello:  "So you are straight?"
Jake:  "Yes."  now I'm confused, why is he so upset
Cello:  "So you've got a girlfriend and she did that love bite on your neck?"
Jake:  "Yes." he says through his snivelling
Cello:  "And you are crying because ......?"
Jake:  "Dad will disown me when he finds out I'm not gay!!"
Cello:  "DON'T BE STUPID!!!  Of course he won't!!"
Jake:  "Well everyone is gay around here, even you when you're not being wierd and he will disown me Jazz told me ......."
Cello:  "JAZZ?!  Jake what has Jazz been saying to you exactly?" If he's been filling this boys head with rubbish like Mom has I'm going KILL HIM!!!


Jake:  "He told me you are my Dad and Lyrics favourite because you are the only gay one, that's why only you came here and they've left Jazz and Mel behind and that my Dad will disown me and send me back to Melon if I'm not gay ..... he's been telling me for years I'm going to be a faggot like them, and if I'm not Dad and Lyric will hate me"
Cello:  "And you believed him!!??  Jake he's talking SHIT - he's just a spiteful ........ wait till I get my hands on him - I'm going to KILL HIM!!!!"
Jake:  "It's not true?"
Cello:  "NO!!!  Forrest and Dad don't have favourites for a start, Jazz and Mel had the choice to come with us, they chose Uni, they are both supposed to be coming out here after they've finished Uni and as for your Dad, he has actually been hoping you turn out to be straight - he kind of likes the idea of having Grandchildren!!! And he would NEVER have disowned you for being gay or straight - like my Dad, he doesn't care what you are as long as you're happy!!!"  he looked a little shocked  "You can forget anything Jazz has ever said to you - he's just evil and twisted because he's homophobic and a bully!!"
Jake:  "Oh!"
Cello:  "Is this why you've been playing up lately, because you thought your Dad would disown you for not being gay?"  I started to laugh
Jake:  "It's NOT funny - Jazz said he'd send me back to Melon and she scares me!!"
Cello:  "Don't worry - Jazz is an idiot, getting you away from my Mother was one of the main reasons why we moved here - they would NEVER send you back to her!!"
Jake:  "My girlfriend .... she ..... he's going to go mad when he find out who she is!!"
Cello:  "Who is she?"
Jake:  "Apricot ... she ... Gran keeps telling me to stay away from them."  he put his head down  "She's one of those fairy's."
Cello:  "What? - one of the Peeled fairy's?"
Jake:  "Yes."
Cello:  "Jakey - ignore Gran - that doesn't apply to you - you are not blood related to the Peeled's, its me who has to keep away from the Peeled fairy's not you!!"  he still looks really unsure about what I'm saying to him, then something horrible crossed my mind  "Jake you didn't ....try to be gay did you?"  he didn't say anything at first he just kept staring at the floor while he's kicking the chair leg  "Jake?"
Jake:  "I didn't like it!!"  he mumbled quietly still looking down. Shit! The poor kids probably traumatized himself thanks to my evil brothers stupidity!!
Cello:  "Look I'll go and speak to your Dad for you  - but don't worry!!  I promise you everything will be fine!!  You've been getting yourself upset for nothing because Jazz has been been talking shit, and when I catch hold of him I seriously am going to kill him - and I think both our Dads might have a few things to say to him as well when they find out - its Jazz who's going to be in trouble not you!!"

The poor kid is always so confused!!  For years Mom and Jazz have mentally tormented him, it seriously is time that it stopped - they have both gone way too far!!



After speaking to Forrest and Dad about Jake, I rolled up at Mallows nearly half an hour late.  River answered the door to me, she grabbed my arm and pulled me aside.

Cello:  "Well hiya River."
River:  "What do you want??!!"  she said in her usual grumpy way - every time I speak to her I always think she seriously needs to get layed, it might put a smile on her face for a change!!
Cello:  "I see you are your normal miserable self today River!!  and here was me thinking my luck was in when you pulled me aside like that!!"
River:  "Berry hole!!  Your flirty crap doesn't work on me!!!  I'm not sure now is such a good time for you to be round here - you've done enough damage don't you think!!"
Cello:  "What have I done now?!"
River:  "Putting ideas into his head - they've fallen out because of you!!"
Cello:  "What are you going on about River!!"
River:  "You filling Mallow's head with your nonsense and that ex-girlfriend of yours - telling Nial - he's left him thanks to you!!"
Cello:  "Luci?!  What has she done .... and what rubbish am I supposed to have been filling Mallows head with - because this is all news to me!!"
River:  "Cello you should leave!"
Cello:  "No River, not till I find out what I'm being accused of here!!  Where is Mallow?!"


River ignored my question so I barged past her and into the house, I found Mallow crying in the bathroom

Cello:  "Mallow what's going on?"
Mallow:  "Nial - he's left me, broke up with me and moved out!!"
Cello:  "Why? and what does it have to do with me, because your sister seems to think it's all my fault!!"
Mallow:  "I'm sorry!!  It's not you it's me - Luci, she's been poking around in my head and because it was you, she told Nial and he's gone mental, he's never trusted me around you anyway!"
Cello:  "Why I don't get it ... what does this have to do with me?" he looked at me sheepishly


Mallow:  "I've kind of been thinking things lately .... about you ... Luci and Lucian were round here earlier, those are the friends of his I don't like, sorry I know she was your girlfriend but I seriously can't stand them and hate Nial hanging out with them!!!
Cello:  "It's okay, go on"
Mallow:  "The vampires, they both picked up on something I was thinking just after we spoke in chat. Lucian was loving it he doesn't think much of you does he!! Luci, she was not very amused by my thoughts and told Nial exactly what I was thinking - I think more to get at you than me, you've really upset her you know breaking up with her!"
Cello:  "Well I thought it was a mutual decision our break up - Look if she's lying and stirring just to cause trouble to get back at me, she shouldn't be dragging you into it ...... I'll sort it out, I'll talk to Nial ..."
Mallow:  "There is no point you getting involved ... I WAS thinking those things ... she wasn't lying, she just shouldn't have told him, but she did, there is nothing you can do ... this is something I have to sort out with Nial myself."


He starts crying again and at first I didn't know what to do.

I put my arms around him and hug him, just to give him a shoulder to cry on.  When he calmed down a little I decide to ask him ....

Cello:  "So are you going to tell me what you've been thinking to cause all this trouble?"


He pulled away from me and kept his face turned down to the floor.

Mallow:  "I'm not sure you're going to like it and I hope it won't stop us being friends ... but I suppose I should tell you anyway before Luci or Nial say something, no doubt they will."  he stopped for a moment but still didn't look at me   "I ... I ... like you, and I don't mean just as friends ... a few things you've said to me, you know your teasing, it has kind of got me wandering and I've let my imagination running riot and ...... I shouldn't have been thinking those things when there were vampires around me, especially not Luci!!"  I started laughing

Cello:  "I like you too .... and you are not the only person in the worlds to let your imagination run riot .... I do it all the time ... okay so we like each other but it doesn't mean we are ever going to act on it and certainly not a reason for Nial to break up with you - you can't tell me he doesn't look at other people and fancy them now and again - it's not like we jump into bed with everyone we fancy .... chance would be a fine thing!!"

Mallow:  "See there you go again- do you know how much of a tease you are!?"  He looked up at me quickly before looking away again  "You said ... 'it doesn't mean we are ever going to act on it' and that is the problem right there .... he now knows what has been really distracting me so much lately to the point that it had already started to affect our relationship ... he knows I want to ... 'act on it' ... and if I get the chance to that I probably will!!"


I just stood there for a moment looking at him not really knowing what to say to him.  Alarm bells are ringing in my head, I need to get out of here and quickly, I'm so easily tempted by what Mallow has just said to launch myself at him.  Yeah I could quite easily 'act on it' without a second thought.  But I can't!!!  I have to remember I'm playing the straight man now!!!

Too late, I've spent too much time thinking, I'm suddenly hurtling in his direction anyway, after he's pulled me towards him and into his arms.


The gap between us closed quickly as his arms went around me and I automatically did the same.  I watch his face coming towards me slowly - our lips haven't met yet - I still have time to stop this.


But I don't!!


Another fine mess I'm getting myself into!!


~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor Jake!! Why is everyone mentally torturing that poor boy...I could kill them! Hopefully he doesn't end up screwed up in the head because of all this nonsense.

    Cello is a bad bad boy! Might as well call his ex and invite him to town.....naughty boy...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Yes Cello is a bad boy :) Mmmm we'll see about Jake.

      Delete