Wednesday 11 December 2013

Chapter 18 - Gen 7 - Cello


I went home a little angry with myself  - Now what have I done!!!

Why do I keep doing this to myself!!!

Things got a little too intense in the shower with Crystal which took us back into the bedroom again, where we spent all afternoon.  Where the hell did that come from!!!  I'm scared of the trouble that this might cause, because that was not just baby making, that was something else!!!  It scared the hell out of me, that has to be the first time I've completely enjoyed being with a woman and wanted more.  Three more times in fact,  and we'd probably still be there now if we hadn't realized I'd spent the whole afternoon there instead of going to work and got out just in time before Chad got home from work.

I ran myself a salt bath, I needed to unwind.


My phone started ringing so I jumped out of the bath to answer it.  I thought twice about answering it when I noticed it was from work, because I had forgot to phone in sick, I just didn't bother to turn up!


After I took the call from work I was livid and went angrily tearing round to Chads.

Cello:  "What the hell are you playing at?!"
Chad:  "What's up?"
Cello:  "How could you!!!  You DEMOTED me!!!"
Chad:  "Oh they phoned you then!"  he said as he lay back in the bath
Cello:  "Yeah, and I notice you didn't have the guts to do it yourself!!"  he started laughing


Cello:  "Why Chad??!"  he just looked at me  "It's bad enough that you suddenly jump straight in at the theatre and end up being my boss, without you pulling stunts like this - how the hell did you get to be my boss anyway??!!"
Chad:  "I had nothing better to do back home but throw myself into work to stop myself from thinking about you, I transferred here, and if you'd even been paying attention at work you would have known I  was your boss a week before you even realized I was here!!!"
Cello:  "So what's the demotion for?  My punishment for being a naughty boy!!??"  I spat at him sarcastically  "Is this my payback for Mallow?!"
Chad:  "I'm sorry Cello, you actually should be thanking me - you are lucky that you still have a job at all!!"
Cello:  "How so??"
Chad:  "You are not the only one who has to answer to higher authority, and the powers that be are not happy with you at all - since the day you started that job you've strolled in and out of that place at your own leisure, you're late most of the time that's if you even bother to turn up at all and if you do you're head so far in the clouds you're pretty useless!!  They wanted me to sack you - so you're lucky you only got a demotion!!" he frowned at me  "So why didn't you bother to turn up today - Crystal got you up in plenty of time!!  Where the hell did you slope off to today?!"  Awkward!!  I feel like I'm back with Annie trying to think of an excuse to cover up what I was really up to.
Cello:  "Where the hell do you think - I went home to bed, I was exhausted seeing as though someone kept waking me up all night long!!"


He jumped out of the bath and got dressed while I'm pacing around the bathroom.  I'm aggravated about the demotion and don't feel comfortable about being in here after what happened with me and Crystal this morning in the shower.

Chad:  "I better not find out you've been with HIM today!!!"  he glared at me for a moment, then his expression changed  "I'm sorry about last night, I didn't mean to keep waking you up!!"
Cello:  "You best had not keep that up for long  - I need my sleep or I'm going to end up a zombie!!"
Chad:  "I've put my neck on the line for you at work so I need you to start pulling your weight!!  You could actually use me to your advantage - just toe the line and you'll be back up there before you know it - but if you keep attracting attention to yourself for the wrong reasons then I can't slip those pay rises and promotions in can I!"
Cello:  "You didn't tell them about us I take it!!"


Chad:  "Oh yeah they know, that's why I've had to put my neck on the line - I'm responsible for getting you to pull your socks up, if you don't we are both in trouble!!"  he kissed me  "So I think we should live together so I can get you to work on time and every day from now on!!"
Cello:  "Oh yeah I bet you do!!"  I laugh at him  "Cut the crap!!!  You just want to keep tabs on me - be honest!!"
Chad:  "Yeah well, work and that too ..... living together makes sense anyway!!"
Cello:  "Well you best had move into mine then hadn't you ... I suppose it would be good now Grans gone - I'll have someone to cook me my favourite pie again!!"
Chad:  "Very funny!!"
Cello:  "but I'm warning you Chad, I need space, don't start with your suffocating shit!!  You promised remember!!"
Chad:  "Yes I know .... as long as you behave yourself, I won't need to suffocate you will I!!"


Not exactly the best place to be after this mornings encounter with his sister!!


Chad:  "Talking about your favourite pie, I made you one earlier it's in the fridge"  he said after we got ourselves dressed again.

I smiled at him and told him I was going to grab some and started walking out of the bathroom

Chad:  "I've also wiped his number out of your phone!"  I stopped dead  "I noticed you tried to phone and text him quite a few too many times yesterday!!"


Cello:  "You've done what??!!"
Chad:  "Oh I think you heard me okay!!!"


Cello:  "You've been in my phone!!??  When?!  How!?  You had no right!!!"
Chad:  "Last night while you were sleeping - and I have every right - I've removed every trace of him, including your pictures and text!!"  he scowled at me  "He's GONE, and make sure it stays that way!!"

I start shouting at him, he says nothing but glares at me as he walks past me and out of the bathroom while I'm just stood there getting very angry as well as upset.


While I'm still stood there working myself up to exploding, just the thought of him reading our texts and deleting Mallows pictures, made me livid.  I've half a mind to walk out there and tell him where to stick it - he's already going through my phone, he's started already with his shit .... I just knew it and it is just going to get worse!!

Crystal walks into the bathroom looking worried, seeing her reminding me of what I've done and how I've now completely backed myself into a corner I'm now at his mercy if Crystal is pregnant.

Crystal:  "What's up with him - you didn't tell you did you?!"
Cello:  "No .... he's been through my phone!!"  I pull a face at her  "He's starting with his stupid shit already I should have know better than to listen to him!!"
Crystal:  "You two haven't fallen out again have you?!"
Cello:  "No .... I thought about it ....  but how can I now after this afternoon, I told you we were rushing things!!"
Crystal:  "I'm sorry!!"


I don't like the way she is looking at me.

Crystal:  "Cello I ...."
Cello:  "Don't Crystal, what we did earlier .... that can't happen again!!"
Crystal:  "I .... are you calling the baby thing off?"
Cello:  "No, I still want to do that, especially if I've got to put up with his shit .... just .... what we did in the shower and the second time we went upstairs ... that's what I'm on about, that can't ever happen again!!" she smiled at me  "I've got enough problems without getting you stuck in my head too!!"


The next day when I went to work River was lurking around outside the theatre.  I was already not in a good mood after my demotion.  She tried to stop me, but I told her I was going to be late for work and hurried on into the theatre, not sure I could hack the mouthful that no doubt she was intending to give me.


I was even less impressed when I came at work to find my Dad and Chad standing together outside the theatre having quite a heated argument.  Chad finishes an hour before I do and no doubt he's been stood waiting for me to come out, to stop me from sloping off anywhere .... he isn't ever going to change!!


Cello:  "What's going on??"
Lyrc:  "We were just talking!"
Cello:  "That didn't look like talking to me!!"  Dad nervously rubbed his face  "Look Dad I know you're not happy about this , but this is the way it's going to have to happen, I'm back with Chad and Crystals having the babies I need, I don't know why you are getting so stressed over this!!"
Lyric:  "For one I'm worried about my Daughter, how is she going to feel when she comes out here to find out you're hooked up with HIM again and she's got to live in the same house as the pair of you?"
Cello:  "Mel's fine, I spoke to her last night, she's got a new boyfriend. she's got over it and so should you!!"


Lyric:  "I was also trying to point out to Chad, the danger that he's putting his relationship with his sister into - you saw what happened with your mother!!"
Cello:  "Mom was different - Crystal offered to do this for us, she doesn't even want kids, she dislikes children, she won't go fighting me for them if that's what you're worried about and this is actually the only way for there family to carry on too - Chad's gay - Crystal dislikes kids neither of them are destined to have any - this way they can and what's any better than Chad helping to bring up his own nieces or nephews.
Lyric:  "Well you know how I'd much rather you were doing this!!"
Cello:  "I know but I think you know as well as I do now, I'm only going to be happy in a gay relationship!!"  he smirked  "Yes, I'm finally accepting it, and anyway think about it the other way - this is probably my best option - settling down with a woman probably would not last - that's when the troubles going to start, fighting over the kids and shit."


Chad wandered off to play his guitar, which I wish he hadn't done, this gave Dad the chance to say what I knew was coming.

Lyric:  "So why do you not look happy Cello, I can see what you're saying but I get the feeling you are trying to convince yourself more than me that this is the right way!!"  I looked over at Chad for a second
Cello:  "I think you know why ... my reasons for leaving him behind!"  I snap at him  "But it's the risk I've got to take, he's here now so I don't have much choice - me and Crystal have talked about it, and if it doesn't work out with me and Chad then she still won't fight me for the kids, she knows exactly like I do how he is, but she's willing to take the risk, she thinks it will sort his head out."
Lyric:  "Well, don't come running to me when it all goes pear shaped!!"  he snapped  "and Mallow?"
Cello:  "He's gone .... he won't even talk to me .... I ... I just have to try and forget about him."  he just stood there staring at me for a moment before he started laughing.


Lyric:  "...... and here we go again!!!  Sometimes I wander with you Cello if it's just a case of you want what you can't have!!!!"  he starts rubbing his head  "You know what Cello, you just do what you think you have to do, I give up .... just don't let him catch you moping about over Mallow because we could seriously do without the headache!!"

He walked off

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment