Sunday 15 December 2013

Chapter 19 - Gen 7 - Cello


Crystal appears, she's just come over from the community pool by the looks of it as she's wearing her swimming costume.   She stops dead for a moment when she spots Chad with me, like she's in two minds.  I wander for a minute if she's not looking for me and had hoped to catch me here alone, she knows exactly when Chad goes home and that I leave work later, so I doubt she would be here looking for Chad.

Crystal:  "So are you guys okay now?"
Cello:  "Yeah great!!" I smile at her but she's looking at me in an odd way.
Chad:  "I'm staying at Cello's tonight, so no need to wait up for me!!"  he smiled at me  "I'll be round in the morning to collect the rest of my things."
Crystal:  "Okay ... well I'll just leave you to it then"

She starts to walk off but doesn't take her eyes off me


The look that she gave me while Chad wasn't looking already told me there is going to be trouble.  Heck!!! This is like a car crash waiting to happen, she's already gotten under my skin and I think I might have got under hers too.  What the hell is wrong with me, my mind is already wandering?!  Why did I let things go as far as they did the other day?!


When I wake up the next morning Chad is already up and out of bed.  I roll over thinking that he's probably gone to get the rest of his stuff and start thinking about Mallow.  I wander if I've given him enough time to cool down.  I want to see him, but when he finds out what's happening here I guess he'll just go off on one again.  If he'd seen me and spoken to me instead of kicking me out and not answering my calls, all of this could have been avoided.  I'd be there with him instead of here with Chad doing something that I'm still not entirely happy with.  Mallow has helped to push me in this direction and I don't think he even realizes it.

That's when I thought I could hear Chad shouting.  I dived out of bed wandering who he's arguing with, I had visions of him having another run in with Dad.


I was surprised when I got to the kitchen to see it is Crystal that he's arguing with.  They shut up when they noticed me and just stand there staring at each other.  Then Chad turns to me and starts glaring at me.

Cello:  "What's going on?"
Chad:  "I might well ask you the same question?!"
Cello:  "What am I supposed to have I done now?!"
Chad:  "You and her that's what!!!"


Cello:  "WHAT!?"  I look at Crystal, I can't beleive she's told him!!
Crystal:  "You've got another public disgrace for cheating, and Chad here went in my room this morning and found clothes that he says are yours - he's put two and two together and come up with 24!!!"  I laughed because I can tell she hasn't told him she's trying to wriggle out of it.  "But I've told him IF they are your clothes then I don't know how they got in there!!"
Chad:  "Oh they are his clothes alright ... it's not like you have had any other bloke in the house since we got here!!"  he snapped  "and I'm glad you think it's funny Cello .... because I don't!!"


Cello:  "Actually Chad, this is very funny!!"  he glared at me  "Sorry Crystal, I must have left them in there the other morning, after I took a shower I used your room because you was tidying up and making the bed in Chads room!!"
Crystal:  "SEE I told you there was a perfectly innocent reason for them being in there!!"
Cello:  "Yes Chad ..... so you owe Crystal an apology, and me for that matter!!!"  he doesn't say anything  "And if you are going to listen to public disgraces we don't stand a cat in hell's change, 9 out of 10 of them are bullshit!!  I peed my pants a few days ago apparently ... when I haven't actually peed my pants since I was a toddler!!"  Crystal started laughing

He stood there for a while looking between us, checking the expressions on our faces.  This is just great!!  Does he forget that I am going to have to sleep with his sister at some point in the future to make this baby. This is just how I knew he would react and why I should NEVER have let myself get talked into it.  If only he knew we are both lying and we had actually been sleeping together he'd be kicking of royal style right now.


Forrest had made pancakes, so I grabbed a plate and told them too.  We needed to talk about this baby thing, omitting for Chad's benefit that we've actually tried once (cough) four times.

Crystal:  "AS IF I'd be interesting in your boyfriend!!"  she suddenly giggles as her foot starts traveling up my bare leg under the table
Cello:  "AS IF I'd be interested in your sister!!"  we are playing footsie under the table and Chad doesn't have a clue!!  I wander why she's actually doing this, if she is willing to go to the lengths of having a baby to make him happy, why would she be happy about having an affair behind his back with me when she knows if he finds out it will hurt him.  I think she's just made it pretty clear to me that's what she's up to.
Chad:  "OKAY!! OKAY!! .... I'm sorry!!" .... I'm an idiot, of course you wouldn't!!"
Cello:  "And so you should be!!  Me and Crystal, seriously!!"  The three of us are laughing now, if only he knew me and Crystal are actually laughing at him not with him.



Cello:  "Seriously though, you need to get a grip .... is this what you are going to be like when we start trying for a baby?  because if it is then we might as well call it off now!!!"
Chad:  "NO!!! that's different!!"
Cello:  "How is it?!  We will have to sleep together you know - exactly what you were kicking off over earlier!!  so what's the difference?"
Chad:  "Well it's not gonna be like it would be if you're having an affair with someone is it?! - you won't be making love or doing the kama stutra - it should just be quick and to the point!!"  he suddenly looked worried  "Won't it!!??"  Crystal bust up laughing,
Crystal:  "So does Cello do quick and to the point Chad?"  she starts laughing again.  I'm going to kill her, she's going to give us away!!  What is she playing at?!  I need to change the subject!!
Chad:  "Crystal - I don't find you funny!!!  he snapped  "You know I'm going to hate it knowing what you two will be doing!!"  I kicked her gently under the table.
Crystal:  "Okay I'm sorry!!  but you know it's not going to be much fun for me either!!"  she says as her foot is travelling up my leg again.



We started eating in silence for a while then Chad suddenly blurted out .....

Chad:  "So when are you two going to do it?"  I nearly choked on my food.
Cello:  "I haven't thought about it yet!!"  I looked at him  "I need time to get my head round it first .... she's .... your sister .... besides it's not just up to me, no doubt Crystal needs to get her head round it too!!"  The longer I can make him think I'm dragging my heals over this, the less he knows, the first thing he's going to know is when Crystal tells us she's pregnant. I look up at Crystal and she is smirking
Chad:  "Just as long as I know, where and when!!"  Yeah I thought so he can stand outside the door with a stopwatch.  I heard Crystal giggle and I kicked her again under the table.


I was glad when my Dad and Granddad came wandering out onto the patio because the conversation stopped and we ate the rest of our food in silence.  Dad seemed quite curious of Crystal, he watched her for a while as she collected up our empty plates.


When she took the plates into the kitchen I noticed he followed her and they stood in there for ages talking.  I only wish I could hear what they are talking about, but I could only imagine.  She left shortly after because she had to go to work so I didn't get the chance to speak to her.


I was quick to learn that these nightmares of Chads were going to be a problem.  He'd had them every single night since we have been back together and they are starting to drive me nutz because he's totally messing with my sleep pattern.  I'm getting sick of being woken up half a dozen times a night and never getting a full nights sleep.  Every time I ask him about them he says he doesn't want to talk about them.


I'm getting tired and sometimes I'm going to bed straight after work just to get some extra sleep and sleeping in sometimes till it's actually time to go to work to catch up on the sleep that I'm not getting.  We'd gone to bed early and are now getting up after a disastrous few hours of trying to get some sleep and not getting any.

Cello:  "You know you seriously need to go to the doctors or something about your nightmares!!  I'm not sure how much longer I can carry on like this!!"
Chad:  "Carry on like what?!"
Cello:  "Sleeping in the same bed as you, I need to sleep and you're not letting me!!"
Chad:  "I'm sorry!!  If I could stop them you know I would!!"
Cello:  "Talk to me about them, maybe that might help!!"
Chad:  "I don't want to!!"


He stormed off to pick up his guitar which he started playing.  I went to the toilet and when I got back Forrest and Dad were in our room watching him playing.  Chad has mastered the guitar and can play it better than any of us can, even Dad which fascinates him, quite a few times I've seen him going out of his way to watch Chad playing his guitar.

My phone starts ringing so I pick it up and look at it, Annies name is flashing up on the screen.  Shit, I can't take this call here Chad will go ballistic.

Cello:  "Hiya Mom."  I saw Forrest and Dad's heads look in my direction.
Annie:  "Mom?!  Cello you do know it's me don't you!!"
Cello:  "Yeah of course, sorry can you bare with me a minute, I'll talk to you when I get in the other room, Forrest and Dad are here."  I start working out of the room.
Annie:  "Is that Chad guy there?"
Cello:  "Yeah, just hold on Mom!!"


I quickly walked into the bathroom and shut the door.

Cello:  "What do you want Annie?!"  she didn't answer  "It's a bit of a stupid time to call me!!  Actually why are you even phoning me?"
Annie:  "I'm sorry ... I should have phoned you earlier ....."
Cello:  "Well, what do you want?"
Annie:  "I need to see you!!  Can you meet me somewhere tomorrow?"


Cello:  "Look, I can't see you Annie, if he finds out I'm sneaking off to meet you he'll go ballistic!!"
Annie:  "It's important I see you, I need to speak to you."
Cello:  "Can't you say what you've got to say over the phone."
Annie:  "I'd rather tell you to your face."
Cello:  "Quit playing games Annie - I can't see you so just tell me or I'm putting the phone down, if he comes in here ........."  I heard her mumble something "WHAT!? ..... Say that again slowly!!"



Annie:  "I'm PREGNANT ... is that slow enough for you ... and yes it is your baby before you even ask!!"

I just stand there with my mouth open in shock

FUDGE!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes another public disgrace for cheating - he's getting a new one every day -  lol - he's giving me a migraine now that he's started on Crystal as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment