Saturday 21 December 2013

Chapter 20 - Gen 7 - Cello


Cello:  "You're pregnant."
Annie:  "Yes"
Cello:  "Oh My ... you're pregnant!!!"
Annie:  "Is that all you are going to say?"
Cello:  "And it's definately mine!!"
Annie:  "I'm not like you Cello, I don't sleep around, I know about you and Mallow behind my back by the way!!"  she snapped  "Besides I wouldn't be phoning YOU if it was somebody else's would I!!"  I'm just stood there in shock saying nothing "Are you still there?"
Cello:  "Yeah sorry I'm just in shock!!"
Annie:  "Well, I suppose this is where you try to wriggle out of it, like the snake that you are!!"


Cello:  "NO ... I wouldn't!! It's Great!!  I'm happy you're pregnant!!"
Annie:  "You ARE?!"  I can hear the shock in her voice
Cello:  "Yeah, well aren't you?"
Annie:  "Well, no not really .. seeing as you dumped me!!"
Cello:  "Don't start please!! - can you come round to mine tomorrow, we need to talk about this"
Annie:  "Yeah okay, what time? and what about your thug?"
Cello:  "Dinner time ... Don't worry about him, I'll get rid of him"


Annie said okay and put the phone down.  I'm still struggling to take it in - she's pregnant, I'm going to be a Dad - OMG!!!  This is definately not how I expected it to happen.

Then it hit me - Chad, he's going to kick off.  Then I thought about Crystal for a moment and how am I going to get Annie to let me have this baby, she's not going to just hand it over like Crystal will.  I needed to speak to my Dad, but how do I get him away from Chad without him getting suspicious.


I pulled out my phone and started to type out a text.


A few minutes later Dad came walking into the bathroom like I'd asked him to.

Lyric:  "So what's with all the cloak and dagger stuff?  What did your Mother want?  You know I don't want anything to do with that woman and I'm definately not hiding anything from Forrest!!!"
Cello:  "It wasn't Mom who phoned me ...... Where's Chad?"
Lyric:  "Still in the bedroom playing his guitar ... why?  Who phoned you then if it wasn't your Mom?"
Cello:  "Dad ... Shut the door."


Lyric:  "Come on spit it out!!  What's that smirk for?"
Cello:  "Annie's pregnant."
Lyric:  "WHAT!!??"
Cello:  "It was Annie who just phoned me, not Mom, she's pregnant and it's mine!!"
Lyric:   "OMG!!"  he just stood there with is mouth open for a moment  " OMG!!  I'm going to be a Granddad!!!"  he has a huge grin on his face  "That's Great!!"


Cello:  "It's not great though is it!!"
Lyric:  "I know it's not the ideal situation but I thought that's what you wanted ... to be a Dad!!"
Cello:  "It is I'm happy about the baby but .... Chad, Crystal, what about if Annie won't let me have the baby ... what if she turns funny and does even let me see it?  We broke up and she's not happy with me, she found out about Mallow and what about if she won't let me have anything to do with it unless we get back together - she might start playing games just to get back at me!!"
Lyric:  "What did she say exactly?"
Cello:  "Not much, she's coming round tomorrow so we can talk about it.  Chad is going to start kicking off ... and Crystal, OMG!!"
Lyric:  "What about Crystal?"


Cello:  "We've already ...... started trying ... Chad doesn't know, we are hiding it from him - she could be pregnant too for all I know!!"
Lyric:  "ALREADY!!  You idiot!!!  Sometimes I wander where you're brains at!!"
Cello:  "We didn't tell him for a quiet life, because he'll just start kicking off you know what he's like ... he doesn't even like me talking to Forrest ... so just imagine what he's going to be like when he know's I'm with Crystal ... as far as he thinks we are dragging our heels on starting, we weren't going to tell him until she's actually pregnant."
Lyric:  "That boys a liability, I'm not even sure what you see in him, he's constantly snivelling or going off on one and I've heard the way you two talk to each other, constantly bickering - you should never have taken him back, I much prefer Mallow if that's the route you are destined to take!"
Cello:  "Yeah .... so do I ... but then we can't all be 'perfect' like you and Forrest can we!!" I say sarcastically, he just cut his eyes at me
Lyric:  "If you prefer Mallow .... Then WHAT THE HELL are you playing at Cello?!
Cello:  "I don't know anymore!!!  Chad got to Mallow - he did a right number on him, now he won't even see me or speak to me.  Mallow loves me and he's really upset and angry about Chad turning up here ... Chad threatened him to keep away from me ....."
Lyric:  "You are making a right mess of it ... charging round like a bull in a china shop, you know these things take time, you have just steamrollered in you're acting like it has to be done tomorrow when I wasn't expecting Grandchildren for years yet - and look at the mess you're making now - it's just a disaster waiting to happen!!!  Whatever possessed me to take the risk on you!?"
Cello:  "That's exactly what Gran said!!"  I couldn't look at him, I'm staring down at my feet wishing I'd let him call Jazz that one time when he was going to.


Lyric:  "You've made the mess now, we are just going to have to try and sort it out in the best way we can ...... right now that baby is the most important thing, you need to concentrate on that .... what do you want exactly?"
Cello:  "I want the baby obviously ...... but not Annie."
Lyric:  "I don't like it, no child should be away from it's mother you know how I feel about that, but it's your child so ..... if that's what you want, then you'll just have to fight for it."
Cello:  "How?"
Lyric:  "You have money remember, more money than she could ever dream of - use it if you have to - I had to pay your Mother off in the end - buy the baby off her and I'll go to the solicitors first thing in the morning and get something drawn up." he frowned a little  "Until you've spoken to her we don't know how she's going to react, if she doesn't go for the money, then we'll just have to go through the courts and with our money and fame - we shouldn't have a problem, she can't give that baby anything compared to what we can!!!"
Cello:  "That all sounds a little ruthless!!"
Lyric:  "I know, and I don't like it one little bit - but maybe you might see now what you've done!!!"  he started scratching his head nervously  "Is there really no way you could give it another go with Annie for the babies sake?"
Cello:  "No! I ... No!! it would never last .... especially if Mallow starts to talk to me again I ....."


Lyric:  "Cello you seriously need to stop with all this crap - you need to put the brakes on.  You need to decide which one it is you actually want - Mallow or Chad and sort it out.  That needs to be dealt with before you do anything else - your head is all over the place and you need to sort it out and settle down."
Cello:  "I don't have a choice do I - I've backed myself into a corner - Mallow won't talk to me and if Crystal is pregnant, then I'm tied to Chad forever then!!"
Lyric:  "Yes I know this is where you have been SO STUPID!!!! I told you I didn't like this thing with Crystal but you've carried on regardless without thinking things through properly!!!!  Berry Cello you are such an IDIOT!!!!"  he starts pacing around for a moment  "But there are ways around everything .... and you did tell me you and Crystal had spoken and she said if things didn't work out with you and Chad she still wouldn't fight you for the baby .... she did say that didn't she or was that just crap to keep me quiet?!"
Cello:  "No she did say that!  But I feel guilty, if she is ....... she got to go through all this for nothing"
Lyric:  "This is why I don't get you sometimes .... you make out like you've got a conscience sometimes, but there is definately no sign of it when your bed hopping and breaking hearts like you do!!  I swear your brains are in your trousers not your head!!!"  he rubbed his face nervously  "Keep away from Crystal, no more trying and we just want to keep our fingers crossed that she isn't pregnant ... if she is then that's just another mess we'll have to clean up!!"


Cello:  "OMG!!  I'm going to be a Dad!!"
Lyric:  "I know and wait till my Dad find's out he's going to be a Great-Grandad ..  you never know it might stop him from moaning about all the hair he's losing for five minutes!!"  we both started laughing.  Granddad has become quite obsessed about his old age boldness and never shuts up about it for a minute.

Chad walked into the bathroom and caught us giggling like a pair of girls



Chad:  "I wandered where you'd disappeared to!!"  he looks at me and Dad suspiciously we are both grinning like cheshire cats  "What's going on?"
Cello:  "Just talking."
Chad:  "About what?!"
Lyric:  "Don't put it off Cello, he needs to be told TONIGHT."  he said as he turned around to leave  "Good luck!!"  he laughs as he walks out and closes the door behind him.  I heard him shout Forrest which made me start giggling again, I knew that's the first thing he'd do go running to Forrest.


Chad:  "So come on ... what's going on?"  he poked me in the back  "WHAT do I need to be told Cello?"
Cello:  "Did you just come in here to find me?"
Chad:  "No I needed the toilet ... what's going on Cello?"
Cello:  "Use the toilet, I'll tell you when we are in our room."
Chad:  "JUST TELL ME!!"
Cello:  "Just go to the toilet, I'm not doing it here!!"


Chad:  "Fine!!  but this had better not have anything to do with HIM!!!"
Cello:  "No it doesn't"
Chad:  "Well what then?"
Cello:  "Just hurry up and when you're done I'll be in the bedroom!!"


Chad:  "Come on then ..... WHAT do you need to tell me?"

This is not going to be good

Cello:  "Annie's pregnant and it's my baby."



... and away he blows!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for a baby even if it was not exactly how he wanted it to happen. Cello really needs to just pull his head out of his ass...grow a backbone and break it off with Chad already! I like Mallow a lot more...Chad is just irritating...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You ought to try playing with him - LOL - Chad is a nightmare - he's constantly kicking off at everyone half the time I can't even work out why :( Cello has to wake up eventually :D

      Delete