Saturday 28 December 2013

Chapter 22 - Gen 7 - Cello


Annie: "I really don't get you Cello - you're such a jerk with the way you put it about yet you're actually HAPPY about this baby!!"
Cello:  "Obviously Mallow didn't tell you everything did he!!"
Annie:  "Like what?"

So I had to explain to her all about the Ugli heir thing and that I did actually want children regardless of that and that's why I had been trying to play the straight man, hoping I could find a woman to settle down with.


Annie:  "So you just used me and got me pregnant on purpose."
Cello:  "Excuse me ... you told me you were on the pill, so I never expected it to happen, I didn't plan this I actually wanted to get married and settle down with the mother of my kids ... I could say the same thing to you ... so did you let yourself get pregnant on purpose??"  she sat looking at me for a moment.
Annie:  "I'm sorry ... I know it was probably my fault ... it must have been after I got sick, I didn't think, I should have taken other precautions!!"  she frowned at me  "I was wandering, you said you wanted to settle down with the mother of your kids ..... is there any possible chance that we might ......"
Cello:  "NO!! .... if you're asking about us getting back together!!  I love Mallow and I'm going to get him back if it kills me trying.  You and me ... it would never work, it's not happening!!!"
Annie:  "No I didn't think so ...  but I had to ask."


Cello:  "I want the baby to live with me when it's born!"
Annie:  "No way!!  It's staying with me!!  Especially if you have that thug here!! besides there is no way I could just give my baby up."  That is what I expected her to say, I knew I wouldn't be lucky enough for her to be like Crystal, disliking children and willing to give the baby away without a second thought.
Cello:  "Forget Chad for a moment - I want the baby, and that's all we need to be talking about right now!!"
Annie:  "Well you can forget it because the baby is staying with me, you can see it whenever you want but you're not having it!!"  I can already see that I'm going to have to use the nasty tactics to get my way, which is the route I really don't want to take.
Cello:  "Do you really want to be a single Mom and saddled with my kid, when you could let me look after it?  Being a single parent is really going to drag you down!!"
Annie:  "No but I'm not really left with much choice am I, seeing as there isn't a chance of us doing it together!!"  her face twisted up  "Unless we lived together for the baby and carry on with our own lives and relationships, but then even that's not practical because of the thug!!"
Cello:  "I don't want to do that, my Dad and Forrest lived with my Mom and her wife and it got messy in the end!!"  she didn't say anything  "I could give the baby much more financially than you can, it would be better off with me!!"
Annie:  "No Cello - just No!!"


Annie:  "If you want to throw your money around - throw it at the baby while it's living with me, what's the difference?"
Cello:  "What about if I throw it at you instead - how much money would it take for you to give me the baby?"
Annie:  "WHAT!?"  You can't try and buy it - it's not for sale!!"
Cello:  "I'm not joking - how much money would you want, how much would it take for you to give me the baby? - just humour me - hyperthetically - name your price." she started laughing
Annie:  "Oh you'd need to give me at least half a million before I'd even start thinking about it!!"  she's still laughing at me, she probably thinks that's not even a possibility!
Cello:  "Okay Done!!! - actually I'll double it so you don't even have to think about it - you give me the baby and I'll give you a million!!" she stopped laughing
Annie:  "WHAT?!  Are you joking!!?? Do you even have that kind of money?!"
Cello:  "I'm deadly serious, don't worry I'm more than good for it and a million doesn't even scratch what I'm actually worth!!"  she started to look around the room in shock  "So that's done then, I give you a million and you are going to give me the baby!!"


Annie:  "Just hang on a minute ...."
Cello:  "Look, you can have plenty more babies, I can't, you can see it as much as you like, I would never stop you - it just lives here and I'll have parental responsibility for it - and you get a million, that will set you up for the rest of your life!!"
Annie:  "Cello .... No .... I ...."  I can see she's in shock
Cello:  "Please, I'm begging you ... take the million and run because the other option is not pleasant!!"
Annie:  "What other option?"
Cello:  "I'm sorry but I AM having that baby whether you like it or not, we can do it nicely which is not only finacially beneficial for you it would be the best way for all of us including the baby so we can stay amicable and both be parents to it ..... or we can do it the nasty way!!"
Annie:  "Which is?"
Cello: "I'M SORRY ... I really don't want to do this to you, but ...If I have to be ruthless then I will!!"  she just looked at me wide eyed  "I've got more money than you could ever dream of, I could drag you through every court from here to Sugar Valley .... and I WILL get that baby, I've got fame and financial stability and a respectable family name to back me up, I can afford the best lawyers money can buy - what do you have? - I doubt you'd even afford the legal fees to fight me on your teachers salary ... I can give this baby much more than you ever could ... it makes sence that you don't have a leg to stand on, if I fight you for this child - you WILL lose!!"  I looked at her and she looked terrified  "So not only will you not get your million you will lose the baby too!!"

We sat in silence for ages.


Cello:  "Please Annie!!!  I don't want to fall out with you over this when the solution is so simple!!  Please just take the money, its the best for all of us!!!"
Annie:  "It really is that important to you isn't it!"
Cello:  "Yes!!!  I NEED this baby, then I might be able to start sorting my life out!!"
Annie:  "Mallow?"
Cello:  "Yes Mallow, I need to get rid of Chad, but I've really fucked that up too!!"
Annie:  "Just dump him!!"
Cello:  "I wish it was that simple, I've tied myself to him STUPIDLY!!"
Annie:  "How?"
Cello:  "Don't ask ... you wouldn't want to know!!"
Annie:  "Tell me you've not married him?!"
Cello:  "Oh No! I'm not quite that stupid ... yet, but I'm getting there, stupid idiot being my middle name lately!!"


Cello:  "Will you give me the baby Annie ..... I really don't want to go down the other root!!!"
Annie:  "You are not really giving me a choice are you!!"  she snapped
Cello:  "I'm sorry ... I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't have to!!"
Annie:  "Okay, so what if I agreed to giving you the baby ... how do you trust me not to do a runner on you .. taking the baby and the money!?"
Cello:  "There has already been something drawn up by my Dad's solicitor, that I need you to sign."  she looked shocked  "It basically says that the child will live with me and that you'll hand all parental responsibility over to me losing all your rights to the child, you'll get your million when I get the child and you won't use that money to abscond or fight for the child or any decisions I make for it in the future.  Just to show I'm not completely heartless, I've also got papers to sign - mine being that I will be amicable and you will get reasonable access to see the child whenever you want within reason, even though you've lost your parental rights.  I'm also going to support you financially through out the pregnancy - so you won't go short while you are on maternity leave.  From now on you won't ever have to worry about money again, as long as you give me the baby of course."
Annie:  "You've thought of everything haven't you!!"  she sighed  "I feel like a caged animal stuck in a trap!!  You know DAMN WELL I couldn't afford to fight you if you took me to court!!!"


Cello:  "I'm sorry - Annie I do want us to stay friends for the child's sake!!!"  I glance over at her blank expression  "I was thinking, you should move in here till the babies born!"
Annie:  "You are joking?!"
Cello:  "No, we need to start working on being friends again for the baby, and I'm going to support you financially remember so everything will be so much easier if you're here, you won't have to worry about a thing!!"  I look at her for a moment, I can feel myself caving in, I know this really isn't very fair on her  "Look, we could use it as a test, if you promise to leave me alone and get over 'us' .... if we can live together just as friends .... you never know we MIGHT be able to rework this .... if we can be friends and get on with our own lives under the same roof without any aggro .... you never know, we might be able to carry on living together for the babies sake!!"
Annie:  "That sounds good ... but ... what about your thug?"
Cello:  "Just leave him to me - I promise he will be okay, if he isn't then he'll just have to leave, you and that baby are more important to me at the moment!!"
Annie:  "Do I really have a choice?" she laughed
Cello:  "Not really .... I'll get the spare room made up for you."


Annie:  "O.M.G!!  What are people going to say when they hear I'm SELLING my baby, because that's what I'm doing isn't it!!"  she started to look stressed and jumped up out of her seat for a moment.
Cello:  "Nobody needs to know besides us!!"
Annie:  "I suppose!!"  she sat back down  "If it doesn't work, us living together, and I do have to leave ..."  she looked troubled  "Are you sure you'll let me see the child whenever I want to, and let it stay at mine sometimes."
Cello:  "Yes, of course within reason, I want us both to be parents to the child - I just need it living with me, and don't forget, it will be the heir to our family fortune in the future so you're actually doing the best thing for him or her."  I sighed  "It's a shame we can't be certain that us living together after the babies born will work, I'm mad even thinking about taking the risk, I doubt it will work, there are many things that could make it complicated and I saw just what it did to my mother ...."
Annie:  "What did it do to your mother?"
Cello:  "She's bisexual like me, and they had this great baby sharing plan, two gay couples sharing children, Jake is Forrest and Mom's wife's child.  Everything was great until my Mom messed it up .. she fell in love with my Dad and never even tried to get on with her life after her wife died hoping she could twist Dad's head ... towards the end she tried to split Dad and Forrest up ... now none of us are hardly speaking to her ... one of the reasons why we moved here, to get away from her, now my parents don't speak and when they do they just yell and scream at each other, it's horrible being stuck in the middle of that!!  My other reason for moving here was to get away from Chad but he followed me here, I half expected Mom to do the same thing .... I'm not convinced that my Mom and Dad's thing is over just yet."


Annie went to the toilet, the minute she stepped out of the room Chad came tearing in and immediately started kicking off.  I stood and listened for a while until I couldn't take listening to it any more.

Shut up tactics - kiss him.


I didn't give him the chance to start kissing me, I pulled away quickly which shocked him.

Cello:  "Now are you going to SHUT UP for one minute!!??"  he just stood there with his mouth open  "DON'T SPEAK till I've finished!!!"  he nodded  "Annie is moving in here until the baby is born, she's letting me have the baby, and I'm WARNING YOU say one word to her or be nasty to her again and you and me will be falling out!!!!  If you force me to chose between you and the baby or you upset Annie once more - I won't have to think twice - you will be out that door so fast your feet wont touch the floor ...  if you fuck this up for me you and me are done for good ... do you get me!!"
Chad:  "Yes but ....."
Cello:  "But NOTHING!!!  I'm sick of your tantrums Chad ... sort it out because I can't take much more of it!!"


Chad:  "Why does SHE need to move in here?"
Cello:  "Because it's more practical, now I'm going out with Annie, to the solicitors, I'm not going to work today so you can tell them whatever you want , I don't care!!"
Chad:  "Oh NO!!!  you are NOT skipping another day's work!! especially if you are sloping off with HER somewhere!!!"  he snaps
Cello:  "Then sack me BOSS, if you don't like it - you can SHOVE IT!!!   We are not sloping off anywhere we are going to the solicitors to sign some papers about the baby .... this is far more important to me than my poxy job that I don't really need anyway!!"  he just glared at me  "And if you gave a shit, you'd understand that and act like my boyfriend instead of my damn boss!!"

he just stormed off.


Annie:  "You need to keep him away from me because I really don't like him!!"
Cello:  "He'll calm down, he's just feeling a little insecure at the moment ... you are right ... he is a bunny boiler, he goes through my phone and everything to make sure I'm not speaking to Mallow!!"  this gave me an idea  "actually you could help me with something!!"
Annie:  "What? I don't like that smirk on your face."
Cello:  "When we get back from the solitors, can I use your phone?"
Annie:  "What for?"
Cello:  "To phone Mallow, he won't answer my calls, he'll answer the call coming from your phone if he thinks it's you won't he!!"


Annie:  "You never learn do you!!  Aren't you in enough trouble already?!"
Cello:  "Oh you only know the half of it!!"
Annie:  "So what are you planning now - to get Mallow back behind Chads back .... you are asking for trouble with that psycho and I doubt Mallow is going to fall for your crap anymore!!"
Cello:  "I know but I've got to try!!  I love him, I need him to understand that!!"
Chad:  "You said earlier that you'd stupidly tied yourself to Chad."
Cello:  "Yes and that is what I really need to talk to him about as well as all the other stuff."  she stood there frowning at me.


Cello:  "Look, let's go and get these papers signed out of the way, then I'll tell you everything on the way back home."

I seriously need her to sign those papers before she finds out there is a possibility that Crystal might be pregnant with my baby too.

~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment