Tuesday 29 March 2016

chapter 27 - Gen 7 - Cello



When I get home Forrest and Jake seem to be having quite an intense conversation when I walk out onto the patio with a plate of food.  I hear my mothers name mentioned then they clam up and stop talking when I sit down.  Jake puts his head in his homework book and sniggers while Forrest just stares at me, and not in a nice way.

Cello:  "Don't stop talking on my account."
Forrest:  "And here he is, the wanderer returns!!  Where the hell have you been all day?"
Cello:  "It depends on who's asking."  I smirk at him
Forrest:  "This is not a laughing matter Cello!!  We know you have bunked off work again, because your thug has been performing, trampling all over town laying into everyone, trying to find you.  He even had the nerve to have Jake pulled out of a class at school so that he could interrogate him.  I'm the only person he hasn't hassled today, but only because I was out of town at another stadium and had my phone switched off."
Jake:  "He thinks you are still sneaking around with Mallow."  he laughs
Cello:  "Chance would be a fine thing!!  I mumble
Forrest:   "So, come on, where have you been Cello?"
Cello:  "With Crystal."  I mumble quietly


Forrest starts to choke on the mouthful of food that he is trying to chew.

Forrest:  "Seriously you are unbelievable!!"  he coughs out  "Me and your Dad just knew you would be in some ones bed!!  Your Dad is going to linch you when he catches up with you."  he starts to go off on one without giving me a chance to say anything  "You seriously don't think with your brain do you!! I guess you have only just crawled out of Crystals bed and you are so blatant with it ... your boyfriend is your boss for heaven sake, do you think he is not going to notice that you just haven't bothered to turn up to work!!"
Cello:  "Chill out!!"  I laugh at him "I have not just crawled out of her bed as it happens!!  I didn't plan to stay there all day, but we spent that long arguing about the baby."
Forrest:  "Yeah right, like I am going to believe that!!"


Cello:  "Seriously!!  She is really hacked off with me because I have ended our affair.  She is now refusing to let me have the baby."
Forrest:  "Why .. because you broke up with her?"  he frowns at me  "Please tell me she hasn't fallen for you too!!"
Cello:  "Partly, she did suggest that I dump Chad for her, but I kind of made it worse when I told her I do want to break up with Chad but not for her, but because I love Mallow."
Forrest:  "Well that was very clever of you!!"  he laughs sarcastically  "So I guess all hell is going to be breaking out when he gets home then!!"
Cello:  "Not if you cover for me!!"  I smile at him  "He will kick off over my disappearance today, and I don't have an alibi, and I am not even sure what I am going to tell him.  You said you are the only one he hasn't hassled today ... so, can you say I have been at the stadium with you all day ... "



Forrest:  "Oh No!!  You are not dragging me into your sordid mess!!"  he snaps at me  "I am not going to be made out to be a liar!!  Which is exactly what will happen the minute Crystal tells him what you have said about Mallow and where you have really been today!!"
Cello:  "She is not going to say anything to him.  The last thing she wants is for Chad to find out we have been having an affair behind his back!!"  I smile at him  "Please Forrest, it will stop him from kicking off at me over my disappearing today  ..."
Forrest:  "No Cello!!  You should have thought about that before you did your disappearing act!!  You got yourself into this situation without my help, so you can get yourself out of it ... but you are not using me to do it!!"  he is now starting to get really angry  "It would serve you right and do us all a favour if he found out the truth and he dumped your cheating ass!!  Personally I can't stand the bloke but I'm starting to feel sorry for him ... he is just another one in a long list of people who's feelings you are trampling all over.  He was a nice kid when he was dating Mel, you have made him the way he is now ... you have destroyed him, just like you have destroyed Mallow."  he stands up quickly and his chair goes flying backwards  "You are definitely your Mother's son alright!!" he snaps sarcastically  "Cello, you seriously need to stop and take a long hard look at yourself and what you are doing, because if you don't and you continue riding rough shot over everyone's feelings, when you are older, you are going to find yourself in exactly the same position your Mother is in right now ... alienated and very lonely!!"

Forrest storms off into the house.

Jake:  "Oops!!"  he sniggers




I am just about to get into the bath for a long soak when my phone bleeps telling me that I have just received a text message.  I am half tempted to just ignore it imagining it is going to be Chad throwing a fit over me not turning up to work today and having my phone switched off so he could not get in touch with me.

I pull my phone out of my trouser pocket and glance at the screen, very surprised to see that the text is from Mallow.  So I open it quickly.

Mallow:  I don't appreciate your thug coming round here threatening me and especially my sister!!  Make sure you keep him away from my door or there is going to be trouble of the legal kind!!


I phone him straight away, not really expecting him to answer the phone to me.  Surprisingly after only a few short rings, he does. 

Mallow:  "What!?"  he mumbles into the phone.  I am just happy to hear his voice.
Cello:  "Hey baby."
Mallow:  "DON'T you hey baby me!!" he snaps at me
Cello:  "I miss you!!"
Mallow:  "Well that is your own fault!!  You blew it!!"



Cello:  "Can I come round? It is driving me mad not seeing you ... we can fix this mess!!"
Mallow:  "NO!!  Stay away ... like I've told you before, you've done far too much damage to ever fix this!!  I can not trust you and you are never going to stop are you ... you are still at it ... you are still screwing the thugs sister behind his back, aren't you!!"
Cello:  "No it is over between me and Crystal!!"
Mallow:  "You liar!!  Don't think I didn't see you going in and out of that house today!!"  he snaps  "You don't spend virtually ALL day with someone if you are over!!"

Oh heck!!


Cello:  "I spent so much time there because me and Crystal had a lot to discuss and we actually spent most of the day arguing."  

I have to lie to him!!  If I tell him only half of the day was spent arguing I will be digging the hole that I am in with him even deeper.  I need to be trying to fix us not making it any worse!!

Mallow:  "Yeah like I believe that!!  I know what you are like remember!!  You just can't help yourself!!  I know exactly what you would have spent all day doing, and it was not arguing!!"  he laughs sarcastically.
Cello:  "Please believe me, me and Crystal are OVER honestly!!  I had already upset her by putting a stop to our affair, which she didn't want.  Then I made it worse telling her I love you and am planning to break up with Chad ... I needed to know where I stood if I broke up with him, and she went totally ballistic at me, threatening me, trying to stop me from breaking up with him ..."
Mallow:  "Cello that really doesn't make sense ... if you are over, why go round there in the first place to see her, and why would you even discuss with her the subject of you breaking up with her brother?  You almost made it sound like you need her permission?!"


Cello:   "I guess you don't know yet, it got complicated ... she is pregnant."
Mallow:  "Oh Berry!!"  he laughs quietly for a moment  "It is yours I take it."
Cello:  "Yes ... I went round to discuss the baby and how it would affect the situation if me and Chad broke up.  She told me I can't have the baby especially if I break up with Chad.  That is what we spent all day arguing about."
Mallow:  "Does he not know about the baby and that you have been having an affair with his sister behind his back?"
Cello:  "He knows about the baby, he thinks we slept together just baby making ... but he doesn't know we have been having a full blown affair."  I mumble quietly
Mallow:  "I didn't think so!!  He came banging down my door when you was over the road with his sister.  It should have been her door he was pulling off its hinges not mine!!"  he snaps
Cello:  "You didn't tell him about our affair did you?"
Mallow:  "No but I should have done!!"  he snaps at me


Cello:  "Why was he banging your door down anyway?"
Mallow:  "Why do you think ... looking for you.  He obviously knows you very well and that you can't be trusted to stick to one relationship.   He knows he is not the only one, he just doesn't know who."  he laughs sarcastically  "He thinks you are still seeing me.  The thug even laid into River, he had her round the throat, accusing her of covering for us and hiding you!!"
Cello:  "I'm sorry!!  He didn't hurt you or River did he?"
Mallow:  "Not really, only a few bruises.  However, he has probably got a cracking headache, I whacked  him pretty hard with a saucepan to get him off my sister."
Cello:  "I'll have a word with him, he wont be bothering you again!!"
Mallow:  "Just make sure he doesn't, because next time I will be phoning the police."


The is a short silence.

Cello:  "Mallow ... please ... I love you ... I need to see you."
Mallow:  "No Cello!!   Love - you don't know the meaning of the word!!  Don't phone me again, because I won't be answering it, and don't come knocking on my door either, because it will just be slammed in your face."
Cello:  "Mallow please ..."
Mallow:  "No Cello ... "  I can hear his voice cracking  "I never want to see or speak to you again ... it hurts too much!!"

He cuts the call off abruptly and he has gone.

I stand staring at the phone willing him to phone me back, but he doesn't.  I imagine by the way his voice was cracking up that he is now crying, but still I have a horrible feeling that I have totally blown it with Mallow and even thought it is hurting him, he means what he said about never seeing or speaking to me again.  I try to phone him back but the call goes straight to voice mail.  

The phone suddenly starts to ring and the screen lights up ... I'm disappointed to see it is Chad's name flashes up on the screen.  I cut the call off and turn off the phone.


As I lie in the bath soaking, my mind is racing and I feel as miserable as hell!! Talking to Mallow has really upset me.  Hell why have I been so stupid!!


Suddenly the door bangs quite violently which makes me jump.

Lyric:   "Cello ... get out here we need words ... NOW!!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see them again! Cello sure is an unlikable fellow. I feel sorry for everyone who has to deal with him.

    ReplyDelete