Thursday 14 April 2016

Chapter 28 - Gen 7 - Cello


My Dad is hammering down the bathroom door, even thought I have told him that I am soaking in the bath.  He wants me out and dressed because whatever he has to say to me, can not wait.  I think I already know that he is going to be angry with me, especially if he has spoken to Forrest.



Lyric:  "You have got some explaining to do!!"  I frown at him  "Forrest has just told me where you have been all day ..."  I cut him off
Cello:  "Before you even start kicking off ... I have not spent all day in Crystals bed, like you both think!!  Our affair is over!!!  We have been discussing and arguing over the baby."
Lyric:  "That is not exactly what I am so bothered about ... it is you trying to get Forrest to lie and cover for you ... That is what I am not happy about!!"  he frowns at me  "If your visit to Crystals is as innocent as you are trying to make out, why can't you just tell Chad where you have been!!" 


Cello:  "It's complicated."
Lyric:  "Yeah it always is with you!"  he snaps  "So what is going on now?  I know something is because of the state Chad has got himself into."
Cello:  "Where is Chad?"
Lyric:  "At the hospital with Annie."
Cello:  "WHAT!?"
Lyric:   "Don't panic, it is not the baby.  Annie drove him to the hospital seeing as none of us could find you.  He came back earlier a little dazed and blood pouring down his face.  Apparently Mallow has attacked him for no reason and has split his head open.  He says Mallow is jealous of you two being back together and just attacked him."


Cello:  "Yeah I guess he would tell you that!!  That is not how it is at all."  I laugh sarcastically  "Mallow hit Chad with a saucepan to get Chad off his sister, because he was being a violent thug, he had River round the throat threatening her.  Mallow and River both have bruises apparently."
Lyric:  "Chad is really starting to concern me!!  He is always losing it with you, we see and hear how viscous he gets with Annie, now he's attacked River and Mallow ... I am not sure I like the idea of him around your baby and I know Annie definitely isn't happy about him!"
Cello:  "I am not either ... I was hoping to get rid of him before the baby arrived  ... but Crystal is making that difficult ... she is black mailing me."
Lyric:  "How?!"
Cello:  "Stupidly I told her I love Mallow and want to break up with Chad.  She said before we started this that she would give me the baby even if me and Chad didn't work out - but she is going back on her word.  She was already hacked off with me for ending our affair ... now she has threatened to have a termination if I break up with Chad."
Lyric:  "That's not good!!"


Cello:  "I know ... I want to dump Chad so I can start proving to Mallow that I am serious about him ... but if I do that, she is going to get rid of the baby.  She said if I break up with Chad before the baby is born, I can't have the baby either.  She's already told me she's not signing anything like Annie has, I don't know what am I going to do?"
Lyric:  "I bet you wished you had listened to me now, don't you!!"  he laughs at me sarcastically  "I told you it was a stupid idea, especially with her being Chad's sister, but still you carried on with it, I knew this was all going to blow up in your face!!"
Cello:  "Okay so you told me so, but you ramming it down my throat is not really helping me right now is it!!  Like you never made any mistakes!!"  I snap at him  "Crystal is really unhinged at the moment ... she is basically trying to make me carry on with our affair as well as not break up with Chad, which is ridiculous in itself, and she is holding me to ransom using the baby."
Lyric:  "Whatever you do, DO NOT carry on seeing that woman!!  You say your affair is over ... keep it that way!!"  he wags his finger at me  "You are just going to have to suck it up as far as Chad is concerned, keep him sweet until it is too late for her to terminate the pregnancy, the last thing you need is to break up before that and she carry out her threat.  You would never live with yourself if she destroys that baby, I know I couldn't!!"  he pulls a face


Cello:  "This is the reason why I asked Forrest to cover for me earlier ... he is going to kick off when he gets back, if I tell him I spent all day with Crystal, he will accuse us of having an affair, like he does with everyone I speak to.  If he goes tearing round to see Crystal, the mood I left her in, I'm scared she might tell him the truth and it all blows up.  The last thing I need is him finding out we have actually been having an affair ... if he does find out and breaks up with me over it, she will get rid of the baby.  This is why I need Forrest to cover for me.
Lyric: "You just keep well away from Crystal from now on and I'll try and talk to her in the mean time.  You said she dislikes children, so she'll probably change her mind again once she has calmed down, and she definitely will once the baby has arrived.  She will be like my Mother was with us, she couldn't even bare to be in the same room as us until we were teenagers."  he smiles at me
Cello:  "Forrest?"  I look at him sheepishly
Lyric:  "I will have a word with Forrest.  Under the circumstances, I think he might cover for you this time ... but don't get trying to use him again, or there will be trouble!!"  he snaps  "What you really need to do Cello is stop all this shit!!  If you love Mallow, the way you are carrying on, you will just keep on driving him further away.  It has to stop now!!"
Cello:  "I know!!"  I mumble quietly  "It is going to stop!"
Lyric:  "Yeah right!!  I'll believe that when I see it!!"

Dad is laughing as he walks out of the bathroom.



I stand in the window, watching out and waiting for Chad and Annie to get back from the hospital. Thankfully Forrest has said he will cover for me just this once, so at least Chad shouldn't kick off with me or cause any trouble with Crystal.

I am really tormented over having to 'act' normally with Chad.  I have just got to put up with Chad until Crystal has the baby.  This really worries me.  The baby is not due for months, by then I might have completely driven Mallow away.  I need to try and tell him what I am doing, before I lose him totally - but I doubt he will answer the phone to me again.

It seems to take forever for the car to pull up on the drive.



Cello:  "How is your head?
Chad:   "Sore after they finished stitching up the gash in my head!!"
Cello:  "I'm sorry!!  I couldn't believe it when Dad told me what he had done to you!!"  I mumble as I hug him  "Mallow is usually timidly placid." 
Chad:  "Well obviously you haven't seen the real Mallow yet, he just attacked me, he is a phyco!!"  he snaps  "All I did was ask him if he had seen you today.  I think he is hacked off because we are back together and you love me and not him."
Cello:  "Forget him!!"  I mumble quietly.  I only wish I could!!

Oh if only he knew the truth, which I am not telling him!!  I notice he isn't telling the truth either, Mallow had a good reason to hit Chad, but he isn't telling me that, he's making Mallow out to be the bad one.


Chad:  "Where the hell have you been all day anyway?"  he snaps at me
Cello:  "With Forrest at the stadium."  he frowns at me
Chad:  "HE works at the stadium!!"  he scowls at me
Cello:  "Not the stadium here .. we went over to the stadium in Sandy Shores."
Chad:  "Why would you even do that?"  he frowns at me
Cello:  "Forrest had some business to take care of over there, and I tagged along because I am thinking about a career change ... and obviously I can't work at the stadium here can I, because of Mallow."
Chad:  "You have not mentioned a career change to me."  he frowns at me
Cello:  "It is not really working out is it, you being my boss.  It's not healthy for us to live and work together, being together 24/7 it could put a strain on our relationship - which I don't want."
Chad:  "Well you needn't bother!!  IF you had even bothered to turn up to work today you would have known - I am not your boss any more.  I've had a promotion so you won't be seeing me at work very much, we will be working in totally different departments."  



Cello:  "I guess that is okay then.  That is good news."
Chad:  "I wouldn't be so sure if I was you!!"  he snaps at me  "I will not be there covering for your lazy ass any more.  You should have had the sack ages ago and it won't take your new boss long to clock onto you and your couldn't give a shit attitude!!  You hardly ever show up for work these days, and if you do most of the time you are late and your head is always somewhere else and not on your job!!  If you don't pull your socks up and improve your work record, you will soon be out of a job!!"
Cello:  "I know, I'll start doing better ... starting tomorrow!"  I smile at him as he laughs at me sarcastically  "So, what shall we do tonight?  Do you fancy going out ... celebrate your promotion."
Chad:  "No.  I need to go round to see Crystal."  I frown at him as I start to panic inside.  The very last thing I need him to do right now is see his sister before she has a chance to calm down.  "When I phoned her earlier, she sounded upset and kept snapping at me."
Cello:  "Oh ignore her, she's probably fine."  I laugh at him nervously "You know what pregnant women are like, moody because their hormones are all over the place."
 


We wind up in the bedroom.

I managed to talk him out of going to see Crystal by distracting him and sweet talking him into bed.  Even though I really don't want to be doing this with him any more.


I know it is a game that I have to continue playing with him until after Crystal has the baby.  I need to keep him sweet and our relationship intact, if I am ever going to get custody of my child without too much of a struggle.
 

What worries me most is Mallow!!  He is not going to understand this, especially me still being with Chad.  I can not even start to show Mallow that I am serious about him until after both of my children are born.

I need to try and find a way to make him understand what I am doing and why.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment