Saturday 16 April 2016

Chapter 29 - Gen 7 - Cello


After a very long and sleepless night at the hospital, I pull the car onto the drive and am relieved to be home.  As we start to get out of the car one of the babies starts screaming, so I grab the little boy first and give him a bottle to shut him up.  I look down at the little baby in my arms and I'm still in shock!!  I think Annie is too as she just stands there bewildered, holding the little girl.

I had hoped for twins.  Annie got the boy she wanted and I got the girl I wanted ... but we got a little bit more than we both expected!!

I hear the door open and close so I glance towards it.   My Dad is standing in the doorway with a frown on his face as he watches the pair of us just standing on the drive holding a baby each.

Lyric:  "Cello ... why are you stood out here?"


Yeah he has got the shock of his life coming!!

Cello: "Dad can you grab the baby carrier out of the car for me."  he frowns at me
Lyric:  "Baby carrier?"  he looked at me then Annie, still with a frown on his face.  "Do you really need it right now, can't it wait you should come inside.  It is far too hot out here for them and I would really like to see my first Grandchildren."
Cello:  "Yeah well you will need to get the two that are still in the car to do that!"  I laugh at him
Lyric:  "WHAT!?"


Cello:  "There are another two boys in the car!"
Lyric:  "ANOTHER TWO!!"
Cello:  "Yeah, we have three boys and a girl .. there are four of them!!"
Lyric:  "You are pulling my leg right!!"
Cello:  "No straight up - go grab the carrier and see for yourself!!"


Just as I say that the sound of a baby crying briefly came from the open car door.  Dad looks over towards the car, then back at me, his eyes start rolling as he burst out laughing.

Lyric:  "FOUR!! Oh Berry!!! Only you could do that Cello!!"  he laughs  "I guess you are going to find out what it is like being a Dad the hard way!!  Lets just hope that Crystal only has one baby or you son, are going to be in some serious trouble!!"

He continues to laugh almost hysterically.  Hell!!  With everything that has been going on, I hadn't even thought about Crystals baby and that there could be more than one there too.

This couldn't happen again could it!!??


Annie walks past us towards the front door.

Annie:  "Lyric, I'll put this one in a cot, then I will come and help you with the other two."   she says as she walks into the house.  Dad goes to walk towards the car and I grab his arm to stop him.  I need to talk to him now that Annie is out of earshot.
Cello:  "Dad what am I going to do ... we only planned on one ... there are four of them, Annie wants to take two of them with her when she leaves, and I don't want her to!!  She thinks two each is fair."  he starts laughing  "How am I going to stop her ... she could actually take the other three and only leave me with the one."
Lyric:  "Obviously it looks like neither of you have read that contract properly!!"
Cello:  "Not really why?"
Lyric:  "I guess you both just skimmed over it didn't you!!  Its a good job you have got me covering your back Cello!!"  he starts to laugh at me  "Don't stress yourself ... she can't take any of them ... if either of you had bothered to actually read what you were signing you'd both know ... there is a clause in there in case of a multiple birth.  She has signed every single one of them away .. but it's going to cost you ... four million this little lot has just cost you!!"
Cello:  "She is not going to like that one little bit!!"
Lyric:  "Well I suggest you sit her down and tell her quickly, before she gets too carried away!!"



Chad pulls up on the drive just in time to help Dad carry one of the babies in from the car.  I didn't hang around to hear what he had to say .... I don't really care what he has to say anyway, his days are numbered now and he doesn't even realize it.  I want him gone before these children grow up and get attached to him, besides the way we carry on it is not going to be good for them listening to us screaming at each other.

I don't even want to fix our relationship, whatever feelings I had for him have now gone.  I have only put up with our relationship because I have had no choice.  I love Mallow and I am going to get him back if it kills me.

Chad's face is a picture when he walks into the nursery and sees there are four babies.


Jake walks in and burst up laughing

Jake:  "Man where did all these come from .... are they ALL your's Cello?"
Cello:  "Yes squirt!!"  he laughs his head off as he pick up one of the babies 
Lyric:  "Cello, you do realize this is going to be a TOTAL nightmare don't you - there was only three of you and it took five of us to handle it!!"
Cello:  "It will be fine!!
Lyric:  "Yeah you think that ... come back to me in a week and tell me it is fine when you are totally exhausted!!"  he starts laughing  "Forrest is going to LOVE this ... and you do know you've lost that little girl don't you.  Once he claps eyes on her, you will not be able to get near her!!  He will hog her just like he hogged your sister."


All of the babies had been fed, had their nappies changed and were all sleeping.  Annie went off to sleep and everyone else goes to eat but I remain just standing there looking at the sleeping babies.  I am still finding it very hard to take in ... four of them ... I could not have even imagined this in my wildest dreams.

Forrest:  "WHAT THE ...."  he says then burst out laughing  "... and I thought your Dad was joking!" 
Cello:  "And here comes Granddad Forrest!!"  I laugh at him  "Kind of makes you a bit of an old fossil now doesn't it!!"
Forrest:  "Hey watch it!!"  he laughs  "Oh Berry Cello!!!  FOUR!!!   If that little lot does not teach you to keep it in your trousers ... nothing will!!"
Cello:  "Ha! Ha! very funny!!  It will make me avoid sleeping with women more like!!"
Forrest:  "Talking of which ... offloaded that baggage yet?"
Cello:  "Yeah Crystal has gone, I still haven't been near her, and Annie will be moving out soon, in a few weeks."
Forrest:  "I was talking about Chad?!"
Cello:  "Next time he kicks off he's gone!!"
Forrest:  "Good and make sure you do!!  That guy is a total nightmare!!"  he laughs  "You know I might just see these pigs fly yet .... with this little lot to look after you wont have the time or the energy to do anything else, especially THAT!!"  he starts laughing


Dad was right, Forrest made a beeline for the girl first.

Forrest:  "Got any names for them yet?"
Cello:  "We do have a list, but Annie is sleeping, we haven't had time to talk about it yet."
Forrest:  "Your Dad loves the name Aria, that's what Mel should have been called but your mother didn't like it, she ended up being called Melody because of what your Aunt Mel did for us."
Cello:  "What did she do for you?"
Forrest:  "Without Mel you wouldn't be here.  She pulled some strings to get your Dad and Melon onto the Artificial Insemination programme, which they don't normally allow for gay couples who want babies."
Cello:  "Actually Aria is one of the girls name that we have on the list!"  he smiles at me "We are sticking to the musical name theme."
Forrest:  "What's up Cello you look a little lost!!"  he frowns at me after a few minutes silence
Cello:  "I'm still in shock that there are so many, and I'm not looking forward to telling Annie she's actually signed all four of them away ... neither of us read the contract properly, she thinks she is taking two of them with her ... but she can't!!"
Forrest:  "Awkward!!"  he says as he put the girl back into her cot  "But then nothing around you is ever simple or straight forward is it Cello."  he starts laughing as I pull a face at him.  "If I was you I would go and get your head down while you have the chance and they are quiet ... they aren't going to be like this for long and boy are you in for a rough ride!!"  he starts laughing  "Me and your Dad will watch them until you and Annie get up."
Cello:  "Where is Dad?"
Forrest:  "Phoning Mel and Jazz ... and probably all of his brothers and sisters if I know Lyric!!"  he glances over at me  "I know one person he won't be calling ... your Mother ... you can do that yourself!!"


After I phoned my Mother I jumped into Granddad bed to try and get a few hours sleep.  I never even went to see what Chad had to say.  The babies actually woke me up with their crying, Granddads room being right next to the nursery, this really is not going to be good for him, he's getting very old and needs his sleep.

It is bedlem when I get into the babies room, Forrest and Granddad trying to cope with four babies that are all screaming at once.


Annie walks in a few minutes after me

Annie:  "I think I should take this one ... he is a genie."  she says holding one of the boys up to me
Cello:  "Is he!!  How can you tell?"
Annie:  "I just can, it is in his eyes ... so I'll definitely take this one, and I really would like the girl too.  She is also a genie and would be much better with me rather than living in a houseful of males"


I can see my Granddad and Forrest behind Annie, both staring at me with concern.  They just heard what Annie said, my Granddad in particular looks pretty distressed by it.

Cello:  "Annie I'm sorry!! ... there is something we need to talk about ... you can't take any of them!"
Annie:  "WHAT!?  Cello I'm taking two of them and you can't stop me!!  It is only fair!!"
Cello:  "I can stop you, you signed that contract and you have actually signed all four of them away, there is a clause in there in case of multiple births and I've now got to give you four million."
Annie:  "Stick your money ... this has never been about your damn money, you know I wouldn't be doing this if you had not left me with any choice ... you can't do this to me!!  In the car you said ....."
Cello:  "I know and I'm sorry, but neither of us read that contract properly!!  I didn't know about the clause until Dad told me, but I didn't want you to take any of them away anyway.  I was just trying to be fair!!"


I feel really bad, the look on her face is killing me.

Annie:  "Well this isn't fair!!!!  Cello you are a BERRY HOLE!!"
Cello:  "Annie I'm sorry!!"
Annie:  "Crystal is pregnant, you are getting another one ... just how greedy can you get!!"
Cello:  "She is not even talking to me right now ... I'll be lucky if I get that baby ... she has told me I can't have it!!"
Annie:  "Well that's your own fault, you used and abused her just like you did me and Mallow ... but you don't need to take it out on me!!"


Cello:  "I'm not taking it out on you ... it's not fair to split them up anyway, they are quads, they need to be together ... their heads are going to be messed up enough by all this without separating them as well!!"
Annie  "And who's fault is that!!"
Cello:  "Yeah it's mine ... but you have to take some of the blame for this too Annie!!!  Your pill and you did sign that contract without reading it properly ... it's your own fault ... all four of them are staying with me ... end of!!!!
Annie:  "Berry knows what I ever saw in you!!  I thought I loved you but I don't think I even like you right now!!"
Cello:  "Good!!"  I snapped at her.


She moves away from me then to put the baby she's holding into the cot before she storms out of the room in tears.  As much as I want to keep all four of our babies, I know what this must be doing to her inside, it must be killing her!!  This is all making me feel like an evil monster for taking her babies away from her.  I wish there was another way that we could do this.


Cello:  "Hello little man ... you've got my eyes!!"  the baby giggled at me  "Let's hope you don't have my hair too or you will be a mini me!!"

This baby definitely doesn't have my nose or ears, this made me worry for a minute, actually none of them have really got my ears ... I can't really see much Ugli in any of these four babies, the little girl and this one in particular have no sign of ugli in them at all.

We seriously need to sort their names out!!


I hadn't moved from the nursery in hours.   There is a constant stream of demands for bottles and nappy changes, sometimes they just seem to cry for nothing.  I'd been alone in here for a while and am finding it hard to keep up with their constant demands.  Annie came in when three of the babies are screaming the place down and between us we managed to settle them all down ... it went quiet as they all slept.

Annie:  "Please Cello, can you not at least think about letting me take even just one of the babies!!"  she's really upset and I can see she has been crying, probably ever since she stormed out of here earlier.
Cello:  "I'm Sorry Annie ... I can't!!"
Annie:  "Why not?!  You only really need the one to do this heir thing!!"  she snaps
Cello:  "I know I only need the one to be the 8th generation heir, but which one?!"  I shrug  "I won't be able to say which one until they are older."
Annie:  "This is seriously stupid!!" 


She's crying and making me feel really bad ... I put my arms around her.

Cello:  "Please don't upset yourself, you know it is not so bad, they will only be living here, it is not like I am never going to let you see them again.  I do want them to have two parents and you can spend as much time here with them as you want to.  In fact, you can spend all day with them, look after them while I am at work ... with four million, you don't have to worry about working ever again!!  When they are older they can stay with you at weekends and in the holidays - you will get to see them every single day if you want to."
Annie:  "It won't be the same though will it!!"
Cello:  "I guess but you have it easier, you can get on with your life without the responsibility or them dragging you down and holding you back, especially with your love life and you can still be their parent."
Annie:  "Can't you just keep your money I would much rather be here with them!!"  she mumbles  "We can live our own separate lives, I won't interfere with you."
Cello:  "You say that now, but I've told you what happened with my Mother and Dad.  I can't take the risk of that happening to us!!  Besides how can we get on with our own lives living under the same roof?  I'm sure your future boyfriend is not going to understand or like that set up!!  Just like Chad doesn't."


I stand there holding her while she continues to cry and I try to think of a way to make this easier.

Cello:  You know the house next door has just come empty ... maybe we should grab it  ... you could live next door ... that would make life really easy, especially for you.  When the kids get older they can come and go between us as they please!! As long as the one I chose to be heir stays with me."
She steps back for a moment to look at me a smile creeps across her face

Annie:  "Will you get that house for me .... that would be perfect!!"
Cello:  "Yeah okay ... I'll get my Dad on the case, he's much better at that sort of stuff!"

She suddenly launched herself at me.


and like an IDIOT I start to kiss her back.

FUDGE!!! What am I doing!!??


I stop kissing her and pull away from her quickly

Cello:  "DONT EVER DO THAT AGAIN ANNIE!!!!"  she looks at me in shock  "NEVER DO THAT AGAIN ... This is EXACTLY why I can not take the risk of you living HERE!!"  I snap at her


She hurls a load of abuse at me and runs off in tears again.  I know this must be really cutting her up and I want to follow her but decide to just leave her ... I need to let her calm down.  I really need to speak to her to make sure she doesn't do that again .... she is going to ruin everything for me and even herself.  If she keeps on pouncing on me it might jeopardise the time she gets to spend with our children.  This is exactly why I know it is never going to work her living here ... I was slowly caving in to the point where I nearly told her she could carry on living here  .... she has just blown that thought straight out of my head by her kissing me.

I didn't realize at first that my Dad AND Chad are now also in the room.  Dad just stands there with his eyes popping out of his head, I think he knows Chad just saw what happened and he's waiting for the kick off.


Chad stands there silently his back towards me saying nothing at first.  I held my breath, he puts down the baby he's holding then turned to face me.


Chad:  "I SAW THAT!!"
Cello:  "SHUT UP CHAD!!!!  Don't even start your yelling around my babies!!"  he stands there glaring at me  "AND if you saw it ... you'll know it wasn't my fault!!  You also must have heard what I said to her when I pushed her away!!"

I didn't give him a chance to say anything else.

I storm off.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I HATE MY GAME!!!!  I wanted a quiet generation baby wise, I HOPED that there would only be two babies - one off Crystal and one off Annie - then before Crystals baby has even arrived the game goes and smacks me with QUADS out of the blue!!!!  Cello purposefully has not been given fertility treatment.

1 comment:

  1. Murphy strikes again! If you had wanted quads, you wouldn't have gotten them. I've gotten triplets in my Sims 4 game without fertility (I don't think any of my mods affect fertility without me manually changing it.)

    ReplyDelete