Friday 4 May 2012

Chapter 15 - Gen 5 - Amber

Bradey only took one look at Brice and Dixie together.
"Oh - No, No, No - Dad!!!"
"That's why I am here Bradey, they guessed you and Amber would not be happy with them being together."
"Dad you knew about this?!"
"Yes but it's fine!!"


"It's not fine - Dad you know what he is like - I told Brice to stay away from Dixie!!"
"This time its different, he is serious about Dixie."
"Serious - Brice - he has never been serious about anything in his life!!"
"Look, they have been together for a while now, they spend most of their time at our house, I am here to talk to Cain about Dixie moving into ours with Brice."
"Dad I really don't like this!!"
"It's their lives Bradey, you just have to let them get on with it, and I honestly think it will be fine!!"
"Well I am warning you, if he does his usual number on her I am going to kill him!!"


Piper was off on his travels and Bradey caught him scurrying through the hallway no doubt on his way out to the garden again.  It was funny to see the three of them together - three generations of mini me's.


I walked past Brice and Dixie and had to do a double take - OMG!!  So gross!!!  Just the thought of kissing Brice made my skin crawl!!  How long has this been going on?  Now I know why Dixie had been so secretive about where she was when she wasn't home.


"What are Uncle Brice and Aunty Dixie doing Mom?"
"Nothing Harmony, run along and play!!!"
"I want a bedtime story."
"Go and ask your Grandad."


"Bradey how long have they been together?"
"Quite a while according to Dad, he's here to talk to Cain about Dixie moving into theirs."
"How could she, he gives me the creeps!!"
"I know he does, and I am not happy about it!!"


Bradey's Dad stayed over to spend some time with his grandchildren, I am glad he had never found out about what had happened between Bradeys Mother and my Dad, otherwise the atmosphere would have been completely different!!  Dixie had already packed her bags and was now living with Brice.


My painting is coming along I am not too far from mastering the painting skill and my paintings are selling for a lot more now - but they are still no where near the quality that Dad produces.


We got some news pretty quickly and quite suprised us, Dixie and Brice were now engaged. The very next day they had a quiet and quick shotgun wedding as they have a little one on the way.  Brice and Dixie having a baby, who would ever have thought it.


The children were all doing pretty well at school, all three of them had got themselves onto the honour roll, which obviously pleased Bradey, who religiously made sure they did there homework every night.


Melody had her birthday and became a teenager.


Melody started to spend a lot of time with Piper, already she had spent a lot more time with him than I ever had.  She joined Dad and Bradey fighting to get to him first.


She was really good with him and fed and looked after him, showing signs she would make a good mother one day and obviously didn't have my problem.


Up until now the children had mainly steered clear of me, like I steered clear of them, they always went to Bradey and Dad for most things and even though I had promised Bradey that I would try and improve my relationship with the children, really nothing had changed.  I was busy painting and playing the piano most of the time while everyone else got on with being part of the family I kept myself out on the fringes just watching.


I was playing the piano and I could hear Piper crying behind me, I tried to ignore him and banged the keys harder while I gritted my teeth hoping that he would stop crying but he just carried on.


Melody appeared to take care of him, but she was angry and upset with me and told me exactly what she thought of me.

"Can't you hear Piper crying or are you blatantly ignoring him like you ignored the rest of us??"


"Why are you so cold? what did we ever do to you?  You are supposed to be our mother but you may as well be dead for all the use you are to us, we don't know you and we definitely wouldn't miss you - I HATE YOU and so do Harmony and Lyric!!"

What could I say to her?  So I just walked away from the situation.


Bradey was not so busy and tired these days with only the one toddler to look after.  Dad and Bradey went back into the routine that they had with Melody when she was a toddler, Dad looked after him while Bradey was at work and then Bradey had him all night, which left little or no time for me.


My situation with the kids was not getting better, in fact it was just getting worse, as the only time I seemed to have anything to do with the kids was yelling at them for something that they were doing - like trying to skip school or staying out later than they should, prank playing and slipping grades.


I started to work on my photography skill as I have now mastered the painting skill and am half way to achieving my life time wish.


Piper had his birthday and became a child.


Now that there were no longer any babies or toddlers in the house I started to feel a lot better and it really didn't bother me that the four of them were stood around me watching me playing the base, but it made me wander why when they hated me so much!!
 


I had to try and mend the relationship between me and Bradey, it was really not good.


He kissed me for the first time in quite a while, he was still pretty disappointed with me and how I had behaved while the children had been babies and toddlers.


Anything other than kissing is a no no!!  He does not even want to take the risk of getting me pregnant again, so he has started to push me away.


I found him on the bed relaxing, obviously deep in thought.  It had been a while since had even acknowledge that this was his bedroom, he had been sleeping god knows where for a long time time, I don't think we have even shared a bed since before Piper was born.


"I've told you no Amber!!"
"Oh come on Bradey, we can do it without you getting me pregnant!!"
"No, I am not even going to take that risk!!"


He stormed off in a mood and started to work out downstairs.


Bradeys life time wish is to be surrounded by family, he needs one more child to achieve it, and while another baby is the last thing I want, but I know that he does.  This must be really hard for him he has made the decision not to even try to achieve his life time wish. No more babies and no more bedroom activities by the looks of it!!

-------------------
------------------
It is so sad to see that all four children have a relationship into the red with Amber. Melody and Lyric are close to being enemies with her!!  Seriously now all she does it yell at the kids for everything - she is always the one dishing out the scolding never Bradey or Cain.

4 comments:

  1. oh Melody, you are so awesome! YOU TELL YOUR MOTHER! *shakes fist* am i honestly surprised that the children hate her? she should of left the house years ago, she's just going to make more of a mess =d

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If she wasn't the heir to this generation I might have removed her by now - lol - but unfortunately she has to stay - as you say - to make more of a mess lol ;)

      Delete
  2. I've not seen a mother who is so angry with her kids as Amber is. But it is kinda of sad that the kids keep skipping school and it's always her yelling at them. You know I didn't vote for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's not surprising that they misbehave. With a mother who so apparently was repulsed by them growing up those kids must have all manner of issues. :(

    It's really a shame. Amber was such a shy, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete