Saturday 5 May 2012

Chapter 16 - Gen 5 - Amber

It is the weekend and Alex brought Lawrence round to play with his cousins.  Since Piper had started school Lawrence and Piper had become pretty good friends and Dad and Alex were now talking again, so we were all set for a nice family day together, as today was also the twins birthday.


Dad cooked a meal and we were all in the kitchen together happily eating and chatting when the strangest thing happened.  Bearing in mind everyone was in the kitchen and nobody was outside......


The outside cooker burst into flames.


Me and Dad were the first ones outside and both of us made a start on trying to put out the fire but it suddenly rared up and engulfed us both in flames, both of our clothes were on fire.


We both ran towards the house, Dad shouted at me to hurry up and pushed me forward.
"Hurry Amber jump in the shower."
I dived into the shower not even thinking about how Dad was going to put the flames out on himself.


When I was extinguished I ran back outside to see what was happening.  Bradey and Melody both had fire extinguishers and were trying to put out the fire.  I could see Alex in total panic and could imagine that he was having flash backs of the last fire like I was.  No sign of Dad I presumed he had gone upstairs to use the shower in the upstairs bathroom.


Melody tackled the fire at the front while Bradey went round the back.


I lost sight of Bradey and started to go into total panic


While the fire was blazing the twins aged up in among the chaos


Bradey and Melody together managed to put the fire out completely.


A fireman turned up just as the last of the flames were put out.  I could see everyone but Dad, Alex took Lawrence home and we started to make our way inside.


We didn't really expect what we were about to walk into.  Dad and the Grim Reaper.  Dad, not again!!!!


I couldn't help but think he had died because of me.  He had pushed me towards the shower, he had let me go first, he had sacrificed himself to keep me alive.


The Reaper was laughing - but then so was Dad's ghost.
"So Cain - finally I get you!!"
"Oh No you don't!!"

He held something in his hand and thrust it towards the Reaper who instantly stopped laughing.


"Ta - Da!!"


"AAAWWWW My Flower!!!"
"You want it don't you!!"
The Reaper snatched "the flower" out of Dads hand.


"Ok - thank you Cain. - are you ready, again?"
"Yes"


Suddenly Dads form started to rise up twirling round in circles as it went upwards. I had already guessed what was happing, Bradey was just looking totally confused.


Then Dads form started to drop towards the floor


By the time his feet hit the floor - he was back.  Dad had done it again - cheated or escaped death - and what was that flower that he gave the Reaper??


One of the family ghosts (Blake) had been watching and instantly started to wail


"What the .....  Cain, what just happened??"
"I'll explain it to you later Bradey."


"Cain what did you just do?"  Blakes ghost was questioning him but Dad was more interested in what the Reaper was doing.


Poor Bradey was totally confused and he was nearly scared out of his mind when he felt the Reapers hand on his back.


"Don't you even think about it Grimmy, get your hands off Bradey!!!"
"Don't fret, I wouldn't take anyone who's time wasn't up?"
"What about Genie - the last time you gave me my life back you came back later and took Genie!!"
"Her time was up Caine, nothing to do with you escaping your death!!"


"I want to make a deal with you!!"
"And what might that be?"
"I want you to give me Apricot back."


The Reaper seemed to take offence at what Dad had just said.

"Of course you are joking Cain?"
"No I am not joking - give me Apricot back and I will grow you as many death flowers as you want!!"


"NO!!!!!"
"Why not? You can do it - you have done it to me twice!!"
"No - it's too late, she has gone, you can not get her back!!"


"Why not? think of all those flowers I can grow for you!!"
"I'll tell you why not - it wouldn't stop at just Apricot would it Cain, next it would be your kids, then your parents - NO she has gone get over it!!  This is not a game you are playing Cain and I don't make deals with anyone!!!"


"So what did you just do - you traded my life for a flower."
"That was a promise I made a long time ago, luckily not many people take me up on it!!"
"Please - give me Apricot."
"No Cain!!"


"The ghosts in this house are getting very restless - now see what you have done Cain!!"


The reaper had been right - they were all out, even my Granddad Rocky's ghost who rarely made an appearance.


 All of them were out - except for one - Apricot


----------------------
----------------------
I swear I have never laughed so much -  when Cain who I thought this time was definitely a goner, I watched him burn up on the carpet I had to make sure Amber got to the shower first or it would have been curtains for this wishacy  - the Reaper came and I started to get upset when suddenly he went Ta - Da!!  and produced the death flower - and I really don't know where it came from as I check their inventories pretty regularly and I know I never saw a death flower - I never expected his second death escape like I didn't expect the first!!.
And I have now worked out why Cain has had added life - the reaper giving him his life back wound his age back to the beginning of his life period.  So twice now Caine has had his life wound back by the reaper :/ lets just hope he doesn't do it again else he will be around for ever!!  The Grim Reaper seemed to spend way too much time with Cain which kind of gave me the creeps a little!!
------------------------
AND be prepared - Amber next chapter - she rolls a shocker of a wish!!!

4 comments:

  1. I believe the outside stove needs to be done away with as its evil. I was quite worried for Amber there. You know maybe you should transfer any more flowers out of Cain's inventory and into Amber's or maybe Piper's inventory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is just it - I didn't know Cain had a flower - after the first time when he produced the seed I checked his inventory as he does have quite a lot in there but I definitely did not see a flower - so this second time one minute I was nearly in tears thinking he was definately gone this time - the next minute I am having hysterics at the way he held out the flower with the big grin on his face. I hoped that he might make a wish regarding the flowers or seeds so that i can produce some for the rest of the family but he is pretty selfish - lol - and hasn't wished for anything and nobody is wishing for any gardening either.

      Delete
  2. Oh my i thought Cain was done for O_O he is crafty isn't it? :P how many dead flowers does he grow? and i know what grim is trying to say, things might get out of hand :d

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Napoleon Gnome did it! :O

    ReplyDelete