Sunday 13 May 2012

Chapter 19 - Gen 5 - Amber

"She is doing it again isn't she!!  I should NEVER have let her talk me into having another baby!!
"Bradey, calm down!!"
"She hasn't been near the twins since we came home yesterday!!"


"I am going to have another two kids that hate their mother - what have I done!!" 
"She was exhausted yesterday - give her time!!"
"Cain that's not washing with me any more - do you know where she is right now?"
"Upstairs still I thought."
"No, she is out there again - PAINTING!!!!  You know she will be stood out there all day now don't you, avoiding the twins, just like she did before!!"


"I don't know what to say, I thought she would be ok this time."
"More fool me for letting her sweet talk me into doing this again, Cain, I am slowly losing my patience with Amber!!"
"Do you want me to try talking with her."
"No leave her, it will be her own fault when she gets old and she is lonely because she has driven us all to hate her, I just don't have the energy to deal with it anymore!!"


Lyric became pretty fascinated with the babies, he was always in the babies room.


He even got stroppy if anyone got in his way.


"Harmony, you know she hasn't set foot in here once yet don't you!!"
"Lyric that doesn't surprise me, I didn't think she would change."
"Dad's an idiot for thinking she would be different this time!!"
"I guess we will just have to make a fuss of the babies instead."
"Yeah but you know that won't make a difference, when they need their Mother, she will just hurt them like she hurt us!!"


Above Lyrics guitar playing we could hear one of the babies crying, I expected the crying to stop pretty quickly as usually Bradey or Dad were not too far away, but the crying didn't stop.
"The baby is crying, and I'm busy maybe YOU should go for a change!!"
"Where is your Dad Lyric?"
"He works remember and Granddads out too."


It was Symphony who was screaming the house down.  It didn't bother me so much picking her up, but still I felt numb, I don't understand why I felt like this.  Looking at her little face, I felt nothing and it shouldn't be like this.  Now I had to work out why she was crying.


I really didn't know why she was crying, how do Bradey and Dad always seem to know what the babies want when they cry, they make it look so easy.  Feeding her at least would shut her up for a minute.  She finished her bottle then carried on crying - now what?


I had seen Dad and Bradey holding the babies like this loads of times.  After a few minutes she stopped crying.  I was just about to put her back in her cot when Dad walked in.


---------------------------------------
A picture is worth a thousand words!!!!


---------------------------------------

"Are you ok Amber?"
"Yes why shouldn't I be?"
"Just wandering - is Symphony ok?"
"She's fine, she's stopped crying hasn't she!!"


"You know Dad you don't have to look so worried, I'm not going to hurt her you know!!"
"I know its just ......"
Harper started crying just as Bradey walked into the room
"Its ok I've got him."
I now had Bradey and Dad staring at me like I had gone mad, so I put Symphony back in her crib and left the room.


"Cain did I just see right?"
"Yes, she was playing with Symphony when I came in."
"Is she ok?"
"She's fine but she stinks a little."


"Bradey you need to teach Amber how to change nappies!!"
"It is a little too late for that don't you think!!"
"You have given up on her haven't you!!"
"Almost yes."


"They will be toddlers soon and this is the first time she has been anywhere near either of them again since they were born - in fact she has not once held Harper!!"
"I'm sorry Bradey I am as disappointed in her as you must be!!"



------------------------------------------------------

Out in the garden Cain was approached by his Dads ghost.

"So Cain what is this I have been hearing about you dodging death for a second time!!"
"Yes Dad, good isn't it!!"
"No son, you are not being very careful are you - died twice already - you have loads of years left yet!!"
"Dad It's fine, I had insurance."
"So I heard - the death flower - but you know he is not going to let you live forever don't you!!"


"Dad I have tried to get the Reaper to bring Apricot back but he won't do it - do you know how he does it."
"No and I doubt that you can."
"Well he managed to do it to me, so it can be done."
"And probably only he knows, Cain I doubt he will ever share his secret with you!!"


"Do you speak to Mom wherever it is you go when you are not haunting this place?"
"No Cain, its not how you might think this side of life, I rarely see your mother these days"
"I thought when you died you would both be together again."
"I'm sorry Cain, but it doesn't really work that way."


"Apricots ghost, she is different its like she has forgotten who I am - you know who I am, so why doesn't she remember me, she acts strangely when she is out."
"Everything changes when you get this side of life Cain."
"That's why I have to get her back, I can't stand it!!"


"Look if there had been a way Cain I am sure your mother would have done it, you know how we felt about each other, your Mom was a scientist, if she didn't know a way then there isn't one."
"She refused to tell me anything when I asked her."
"Probably because there was nothing to tell you."


"Do yourself a favour son, you need to get over Apricot, that life has gone for you now, you are too busy chasing the past you are not getting on with your life and you are definitely not seeing the trouble brewing for the families future heir!!"
"What trouble, Lyric is a good boy?"
"Lyric is gay."
"No he isn't!!"
"Oh he is - I've had enough gay kids remember, he is gay, trust me!!"


"He can't be!!"
"Why can't he - it runs in the family remember - believe me he is gay."
"Great - that's all we need!!"
"Yes so maybe you should be concentrating all your energy on your Grandson not your dead wife!!"


------------------------------------------------------

Lyric started to now spend all of his time with Bradey and the babies, he even neglected his music to help his Dad look after the babies, I was happy to see at least he would make a good Dad one day, I didn't have to worry that he would turn out like me.


The twins had their birthday, they both aged up with very few visible ugli genes.  Harper had Bradey's Mothers eye colouring, my hair colouring.  Symphony had Bradey's Mothers hair and Bradey's eye colouring.


I was watching Lyric playing with Symphony and Bradey teaching Harper to talk.


"Someone's tummy is grumbling"  Lyric said laughing at Symphony

She needed feeding so I gave symphony a bottle and I heard Bradey start laughing, which started quietly and got louder and louder till he was almost having hysterics.

"What is so funny Bradey?"
"You Amber!!!! Finally gracing us with your presence!!"


"Just take a look at the expression on that child's face Amber!!"
"What about it?"
"She doesn't have a clue who you are - you've done it again haven't you!!"

-------------
-------------

I am really struggling the write from Ambers point of view as I really dont have a clue what is going on in her head or even how to explain it - she has to be for me the most baffling sim I have ever played with!!!

2 comments:

  1. i knew it would happen again with Amber :d but it was a surprise to see her holding the little baby, but i wouldn't think that she would of done so if Lyric didn't tell her to :d Bradly seriously should of left Amber >.>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Symphony and Harper turned out super cute, I think!

    That is so crazy that Amber wants all the babies and then never wants anything to do with them. The having of them would be the worst part I would assume. Poor Bradey. :(

    ReplyDelete