Sunday 13 May 2012

Chapter 20 - Gen 5 - Amber

It now does not matter what I do, I am always in the wrong, I am always being watched suspiciously and the more time I spend with the twins the more my other four kids resent it, not because I am actually spending time with the twins, but because I never spent any time with them.  Even Symphony stares at me, puzzled whenever I spend any time in the babies room.


So I taught Harper how to walk - and what?  You would think they would be happy that I was finally trying to interact with my kids - but no - they stand watching me like I can't be trusted, Dad and Bradey watch me like a hawk, not once taking their eyes off me and the child, you would think I was going to hurt them the minute their backs were turned.


But then Dad had been a little quieter than normal lately, I could see him keep drifting off into deep thought, he had something on his mind, I could tell.


"So what's wrong Dad? - is it me, because you know if you have something to say, you may as well just say it"
"It's not you."
"I don't believe you - I can see that there is something on your mind and I also see the way everyone is watching me when I go anywhere near the twins."
"Amber its not you - its Lyric, I think he might be gay."
"Don't be stupid!!"
"I know, that's what I thought at first, but I have been watching him, he never brings girls home from school does he, they are always boys."
"Yes his mates, that doesn't make him gay!!"
"Why are Melody and Lyric not speaking all of a sudden, I overheard something yesterday, its something to do with Lyric and Melody's boyfriend.  My Dad warned me and I am beginning to get the feeling he may be right"
"Your DAD is dead!!"
"He still talks to me when he feels he needs to - he had six gay children, there was only me, Cory and Jasmine that were straight and if Dad says Lyric is gay - he is gay - I think maybe you might need to rethink your next generation heir!!"
"There is only Piper and that boy is going to end up in gail one day he is well off the rails, I would rather trust this families future on a stranger than think Piper could ever shoulder such a responsibility - Lyric isn't gay, you and your ghost are just paranoid!!"
"OK, well don't say I didn't warn you Amber!!"


Piper was getting worse, school now was just a nightmare and I don't think that even Bradey knew what to do with him any more.  He is hot - headed and always arguing and upsetting everyone, everyone except Lyric, for some reason those two seemed to get on like a house on fire.  Pipers outbursts sometimes got pretty nasty and his cheek was getting worse.  Even the ghosts wandering around the house got his attitude.


"Why don't you get back in your pot - you ghosts are getting on my nerves, you are dead stay in your pot and stop getting in my face!!"


As well as teaching Harper to walk I also taught Symphony how to walk.


Bradey did everything else with them, taught them to talk and potty trained them.  Besides teaching them both to walk that is all really that I had to do with the twins as toddlers.


Piper had his birthday and became a teenager.


We had hoped that once he became a teen he would improve a little but he didn't he just got worse.  As well as trying to skip school at the slightest opportunity, and avoiding doing his homework most of the time unless Lyric did it for him, now his latest game was ignoring curfew and getting rides home in a police car.  Bradey was beside himself because it was pretty obvious that Piper had no respect for either me or his Dad.  With Bradey being a police officer himself it was not doing him a lot of good at work and with his work mates.  The only person Piper seemed to fear was my Dad so he now had total control of handling Pipers discipline.


I think the final straw came with Piper when Bradey caught him being pretty mean to Harper.

"Shut up brat before I shake you till you stop squealing!!"


Both boys were giving us hell but in their own different way.   Lyric was still a good boy in general, but it was me, he couldn't be trusted to be in the same room as me and keep a civil tongue.  The slightest thing set him off and I dare not even try to talk to him anymore, if I did I just got a hail of insults.

"How was school today Lyric?"
"Don't even bother talking to me!!"


"Please Lyric, this attitude of yours needs to stop."
"Get out of my face."


"Lyric don't you talk to me like that I am your Mother!!"
"My what?? Mother did you say??"


"You are nobody's mother - you are a pathetic joke!!!"
"Lyric ...."
"All my mates they have nice, kind, loving mothers, what did I do to deserve you!!!???"


"Look Lyric ......"
"HUSH, Don't say another word and don't you even start with your pathetic excuses, I am sick of hearing your bullshit - now get out of my face before I ......"
"LYRIC - get to your room NOW!!"
Dad spoke and Lyric jumped and without saying another word he stormed out of the room.


The girls were not happy, they wanted to know why I cared about Harper and Symphony when I never cared about them - photo's on the wall set that arguement off.  Even thought I had not really gotten any closer to the twins than I had to the rest of them - all four of our older kids were coming to boiling point and I could feel an explosion coming.  The situation had gone way too far and it didn't matter what I did, I was never going to fix it.


"Bradey we can't carry on like this, the boys hate me and now the girls are kicking up a fuss over a few stupid photo's that I took of the twins."
"I know we can't carry on like this, you do know this is all your fault don't you!!"
"You are not angry with me too are you?"
"Yes I am very angry with you, but its just a good job I love you because otherwise me and the kids would have been out of here by now."


At least I still had Bradey, that was something, even though our relationship wasn't the best, he is willing to try and sort out this mess with me somehow.  Like he said he could have quite easily walked away with the kids and with the way things are at the moment, I actually think removing me out of their lives would be the easiest way to sort the mess out.


After yet another bust up with Lyric, we knew we had to do something about our family that was quickly falling apart and had gone way past fixing in my opinion. It was clear that me and the boys needed parting it was only going to be a matter of time before one of them went too far.


 I fulfilled my lifetime wish, I have now mastered both painting and photography skills, so my reign as heir was done, and as has gone with previous generations of our family, I should be around to help and make sure Lyric fulfils his responsibility for the future continence of our family.  This will not be happening for me, because of the mess I have made of being a mother I am having to pass my responsibility back to my Dad.


Dad gave both of the boys a top of the range guitars, it was to help them with their life time ambitions of being a Vocal Legend and it was the boys ambitions that we worked around to plan what happened to our family from now.


It was like the last supper - their last meal together as a family, which I was excluded from because I was after all the problem here.  Tomorrow our family was being torn apart, we were leaving and moving to a new town, me Bradey and four of our kids.  The boys were now in the permanent care of my Dad, and the three of them would be staying here for the time being.


The town we chose to move to was one that was better suited for the boys future ambitions, they were never going to achieve them in this town.  We were going to the new town ahead of them because Bradey transferred his job and had to start straight away.  Dad and the boys would follow us when their house was ready to move into.  Even though the boys and Dad would be living in a different house to me Bradey and our other kids, we would all be living in the same town and hopefully one day we might be able to start mending the mess that I made - our broken family.

---------------------
---------------------

4 comments:

  1. great chapter! :D I'd have to say but Bradly is a bit of a fool :d Lyric is one angry nugget O.o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is an angry nugget :) Rach!!!! This generation was great to start with then the babies arrived - I found it very strange!! I have had children not get on with their kids - In last wishacy had a mother who didnt like children but I dont even think Sara and Raven were enemys like Lyric and Piper with Amber.

      Delete
  2. Great chapter in ending Amber and moving for Lyric. Lyric is pretty angry. The twins are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Harper especially grows up to be quite a cuties :)

      Delete